Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

What are the green icons above the avatar with the motto?

Article about: by Stewy S There's no need. As you know i'm not here to get "rep points" & you likewise. We're here to help (& try to provide info),if we can. Stewy by Bond Sounds like a r

?

Default Re: What are the green icons above the avatar with the motto?

To be honest, if the reputation system can't be used as it should be I wish it could be disabled. The function is there to be used sensibly, if all that happens is members just add to certain people's reputation for a laugh and not because they actually deserve it it renders the whole system useless. There are members whose reputation has been enhanced, not because they have made a worthwhile contribution but because others are abusing the idea behind it. On the flip side, there are many members whose reputation doesn't move despite the fact all their postings are worthy of gaining reputation points.
    As I and others have said before, judge people on their contribution, not how many green stripes they have or how many posts they've made.
    And STOP giving members points just for a laugh!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    To be honest, if the reputation system can't be used as it should be I wish it could be disabled. The function is there to be used sensibly, if all that happens is members just add to certain people's reputation for a laugh and not because they actually deserve it it renders the whole system useless. There are members whose reputation has been enhanced, not because they have made a worthwhile contribution but because others are abusing the idea behind it. On the flip side, there are many members whose reputation doesn't move despite the fact all their postings are worthy of gaining reputation points.
    As I and others have said before, judge people on their contribution, not how many green stripes they have or how many posts they've made.
    And STOP giving members points just for a laugh!
    Amen to that Adrian, it is a shame that a system that could be used to enhance the appreciation of members of others who giving their time freely contribute real knowledge and experience to the forum has been turned into a complete waste of time !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Amen to that Adrian, it is a shame that a system that could be used to enhance the appreciation of members of others who giving their time freely contribute real knowledge and experience to the forum has been turned into a complete waste of time !!
    I only started this thread to gain information and I also think this feature has been abused and scrapping it might be the best thing to do. Certainly, any rep points I was given because of this thread should be deleted, as I'd rather get them for posting useful or informative opinions, if I ever do.

Regards,

Jerry

Is it possible to just close this thread or delete it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I think all that could be said on this has been said, so I'm closing it -something else I did not know about.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7