Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

What are the green icons above the avatar with the motto?

Article about: by Stewy S There's no need. As you know i'm not here to get "rep points" & you likewise. We're here to help (& try to provide info),if we can. Stewy by Bond Sounds like a r

Default What are the green icons above the avatar with the motto?

What are these and how does it work?

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default Re: What are the green icons above the avatar with the motto?

"Bond will become famous soon enough"

I think its there to show where you stand

cheers,
    Pat

there some sort of rep power thing it moves up if someone clicks rep power at the bottom of the post (the star shaped thing) and it moves up each time
    someone else can try and explain it better
    edit damn pat beat me to it
    the weird thing is me and pat also have the same thing you will be famous but we both have 2 bars weird huh

tom

I think my motto has changed recently.

Also, how do the numbered rep power system work, I assume you got 1 when you joined and it goes up with every 100 posts you make, but I notice some people have more than would accrue from such a system? I notice that Ade has over 17000 posts and a rep power of 10, whilst Walkwolf has 5000 posts and a rep power of 49 (just picked two obvious and contrasting examples). Obviously, Ade (and Walkwolf) has given rock solid and informative opinions every time he posts, so why is his not much higher?

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Never understood that system either !!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I think Ade has blocked his from increasing because he gets embarrassed. Mine is blocked and I think a few others are too. It's just part of the forum software package. Obviously reputation is built more on the content of your posts rather than a scoring system that increases every hundred posts. If you post a hundred 'cool item' posts your reputation will increase due to the counter, it doesn't mean you've actually made any worthwhile contribution.
    If other members like what you've posted there is the 'Like' button which we've all used and as Tom says, there is a reputation button at the bottom of each post too so if you think the content of a post is worthy of adding to someone's credibility you can click it to increase their reputation.
    Don't get hung up on it though, it really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. 100 posts of information are better than a 1000 of 'I wish I owned one of those', 'Looks nice' etc etc........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I think Ade has blocked his from increasing because he gets embarrassed. Mine is blocked and I think a few others are too. It's just part of the forum software package. Obviously reputation is built more on the content of your posts rather than a scoring system that increases every hundred posts. If you post a hundred 'cool item' posts your reputation will increase due to the counter, it doesn't mean you've actually made any worthwhile contribution.
    If other members like what you've posted there is the 'Like' button which we've all used and as Tom says, there is a reputation button at the bottom of each post too so if you think the content of a post is worthy of adding to someone's credibility you can click it to increase their reputation.
    Don't get hung up on it though, it really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things 100 posts of information are better than a 1000 of 'I wish I owned one of those', 'Looks nice' etc etc........
    Just got a day off today and wondered what it all meant, not hung up on it, but merely inquiring.

Regards and thanks,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

You'll see the latest reputation received, if you go to your 'settings'.

Regards

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    You'll see the latest reputation received, if you go to your 'settings'.

Regards
    I see now!
    Apparantly i have got a fan!!
    It's Mike!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I see now!
    Apparantly i have got a fan!!
    It's Mike!
    ;-)
    |<
    Me too!
    Thanks Mike!

Regards

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast