Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WHAT HAVE I DONE! Lost all of my images!

Article about: I was having trouble uploading pictures today so I took some advice on the 'Having problems posting pics' thread and clicked the "Enhanced Attachment Uploading off" and cleared my

Default WHAT HAVE I DONE! Lost all of my images!

I was having trouble uploading pictures today so I took some advice on the 'Having problems posting pics' thread and clicked the "Enhanced Attachment Uploading off" and cleared my computer of cookies and cleared the previous uploaded files - was this a step to far!? It now appears that all of the images that I have put on my previous threads have disapeared. On all of the threads I have started there are none of my images other than one that at I managed to upload today (incidentally I could only upload one image, the others woudn't upload no matter what I did).
    Is there anything that I can do to retrieve the images or am I going to have upload them (if the system lets me) all over again?

I HATE computers

- - Updated - -

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/airborne-special-forces/soe-pencil-dagger-silk-escape-maps-escape-compasses-29313/

This is my most viewed thread that should be full of pictures - if anybody can see anything please let me know

Default Re: WHAT HAVE I DONE! Lost all of my images!

Now it won't post links

They've all gone.....

SOE pencil dagger, silk escape maps and escape compasses

Sorry mate, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry but you have removed all your pics...

Deleting Cookies is fine, but never remove the uploaded files.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I feel sorry for you!!
    It could have happen to me!
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Bugger! This is why I normally get my wife to sort out computer related problems (I have previous for this!)
    Is there any way of loading up the images that I have (I did make sure they were saved on my computer) back in their original places or am I going to have to start new threads?

?

only one solution - edit your posts with downloading new pictures for the post
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dimas, hopefully I will be able to download/upload new pictures at some point again, Am I correct in thinking that you can only edit your last post?

I see that on this thread that each of my posts has the edit facility, however, on my other threads there is no 'edit post' link.

Hi Grimebox,, sorry to hear of your misfortune,, i usually back all my photos up an external hard drive and a 16gb flash drive. A little extra work but worth the effort if i need to refer back to them for some reason. Larry