MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1st type enameled ring found in SS positions

Article about: Hi William, thanks for the images. To me the one on the left looks legit. If so then \\$400 probably isn't too bad seeing as a member on the WAF claimed to have been offered 1000euro for his e

Default 1st type enameled ring found in SS positions

This ring has been posted before in my relic SS thread and I am now on the hunt for further information. It has been mentioned that the ring is from the late 1920's and has been documented in catalogues of the period.
    I would like to obtain a scan of the catalogue page where the ring is listed, hopefully with a price and image to go along with it. Does anyone have access to such a catalogue or have any information on file? Member Paul E has been very helpful but unfortunately cannot find his catalogue example.

I've searched through the forum archives for over 2 hours now and have found nothing except a headache.

Its a long shot I know but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Thanks in advance. Glenn

Found on the HKL (main defense line) of 6.Rgt SS-TV in North Karelia. These early type rings (sometimes referred to as the '1st type') date from the late twenties so if that's correct, the owner must have been a very early SS member which might explain the path taken into the Totenkopfverbände and from there via the camp system into the combat formation of the 6th Standarte.

1st type enameled ring found in SS positions1st type enameled ring found in SS positions1st type enameled ring found in SS positions1st type enameled ring found in SS positions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st type enameled ring found in SS positions
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1st type enameled ring found in SS positions

*bump* Suely someone must have access to the required period catalogue? Even a scan or a link would be fine.

hi glen, sorry i cannot help but i like your ring! also like how the man has been wearing proudly his HJ shotting badge hope you get the info you need!

Hi GLENN66.i HAD ABSOLUTELY THE SAME RING IN MY COLECTION -FROM KURLAND POCKET.hAVE SEEN SOME PERIOD COMERCIAL WITH THIS DESIGHN-BUT CAN,T REMEMMBER PRICE OR ENY OTHER INFO.

?

I'm not so sure this is SS related, I would be leaning closer to frei korps, which would be spectacular, I'm leaning towards this because of the year you're dating this ring from.

All the best,
    Stefan

?

Also the logo of the FreiKorps is the exact same as the one depicted on the ring, IMPO I would rather have this ring than a SS one if it turns out to be from the FK

Hi Stefan,

You make an interesting point re the Freikorps connection and I suppose anything is possible yet there were many versions of Freikorps skulls. The ring is similar to the skull design of the Heydebreck Freikorps, the so-called "Werwolf" group. Here is a supposed badge from this group, the authenticity of which I cannot confirm.

Then of course there is the famous image of the Garford-Putilov armoured car in use by another Freikorps group and naturally there is a completely different skull emblem.

I am fond of this image due to the massive giant of a man on the left who looks to be 7 feet tall. Of course his two pals could just be really short!

Hi Glenn ,, after viewing this,, I was reminded of the same menacing smile on a partial ground Rohm SS dagger,, that was applied to the blade after Rohms demise. On Page 84 of Tom Wittmnns SS book this could be seen. It was coincidental to see this type of smile on a skull. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

HYmm, interesting...the plot thickens!

Possibly good news, Glenn. I remember this particular ring from some while ago but didn't pursue it at the time. Now, I see it has started being cranked out by the fakers and is being sold on eBay under a number of different descriptions. So, if the fakers have got a hold of it, it Must be good, hey? Nice to have an Original!
    (ebay #110914648861 + 150821409933)

1st type enameled ring found in SS positions1st type enameled ring found in SS positions
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast