Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 ww2(?) rings!

Article about: Hello all!! Long time no post but it's been a busy period at the Museum!! A friend contacted me and sent me a couple of pictures from two rings he says they belong to his father who was a so

Default 2 ww2(?) rings!

Hello all!!

Long time no post but it's been a busy period at the Museum!!
    A friend contacted me and sent me a couple of pictures from two rings he says they belong to his father who was a soldier in WW2... That's all of the story... At first glance they didn't look good! There is something that i don't like but since i've handled zero of them i am clueless...

What is your opinion people?

Thanks in advance!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 ww2(?) rings!   2 ww2(?) rings!  

2 ww2(?) rings!   2 ww2(?) rings!  

2 ww2(?) rings!   2 ww2(?) rings!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 ww2(?) rings!
    P
    Many

I would consider these personal mementos of the immediate postwar-era, likely having far more personal, sentimental value to the original owner than Military/Historic association that could be researched with more certainty...
    cheers, Glenn

agree with Glenn.

The Dachau marked ring is a commonly seen style silver personal ring(but without the engravings). I suppose that a person could have had whatever they wished engraved on one, as they were made to Be engraved with initials, etc. It is not unbelievable to say that a soldier who had visited the Dachau complex may not have picked one up in town for a souvenir memento of the occasion. As for the Onyx ring, it is simply a personal purchase type and not actually military connected.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you very much gentlemen!!! Your time is much appreciated!!