Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hermann Goering's Rings

Article about: I'm very interesting in the various finger rings Hermann W. Goering owned and wore during his positions in the 3d Reich. Especially his "Seal of Office" ring. I have posted a few o

?

Default Re: Hermann Goering's Rings

Quote by johnnyrocket View Post
    FYI:

I happen to run across this Goering ring—possibly the one he wore in many period images.(?) across

This is from a Historical Sale of Military items:
    museo de guerra

Johnny R.
    The ring shown in the color picture stating that it is Goerings ruby ring is bullcrap.
    It is a star sapphire and from the photo not the best sapphire I have seen.
    I am familiar with stones as I make custom jewelry and have a passion for rubies and emeralds.
    Last edited by SteveR; 11-15-2011 at 08:52 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goering's Rings
    P
    Many

?

Quote by johnnyrocket View Post
    I'm very interesting in the various finger rings Hermann W. Goering owned and wore during his positions in the 3d Reich. Especially his "Seal of Office" ring.
    I have posted a few of my research file images I have to date. Please email me if you have any information on any of the Goering's rings, and he owned quite a few. I've always wondered what Goering's ring size was, does anyone know for sure?

Thank you.

Johnny R.
    With Goerings weight gain through the years I am sure that his ring size changed more than once.

?

Quote by bobring View Post
    Hi Bob
    Sent two pictures. If this interesting? I shoot on a better level
    B R
    Bob
    With no photographic and written provenance this is just what appears to be a gold ring with an unidentified stone that shows absolutely no faceted fire which leads me to believe that it is not a diamond.

?

I would also like to say that an unidentified guest not be allowed to post any items for sale on the forum.
    It is a well known fact among jewelers and craftsmen that the Chinese can craft any jewelry that appears to be gold and stamp it with any type of stamp you want just send them a picture of the stamp.
    I would not purchase any major piece of jewelry without witnessing the testing of the stone by modern electronic equipment that can identify what mineral it is. The same as with gold and silver eleminating the need for acid testing. Modern testing equipment can determine if the metal is a plate over base metal.
    Then a visual examination of the stone with a 10 power loop to see what inclusions the stone might have. No inclusions would tell me that the stone is man made or treated. To many inclusions and the stone is industrial grade and has little value.
    Just the observations of a jewler.
    Last edited by SteveR; 11-15-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Hi Steve, this is an older thread so the person (who is now not active on the forum) is now set to "guest" status. He cannot sell here. All contact details have been removed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by SteveR View Post
    With Goerings weight gain through the years I am sure that his ring size changed more than once.
    I read somewhere in a Goering autobiography that Goering's ring size was a European size #13 ...that is big!

Johnny R.

Default Another Hermann W. Goering (Ruby) Ring Surfaces:

This is yet another Goering ring that I came across just recently being auctioned off.

"GOERING RING DESCRIPTION" from the I.R.A, Rock Island, IL

—Constructed from 18 carat gold around a large radiant cut ruby measuring approximately 3/4 of an inch wide and 7/8 of an inch long, this ring has a number of features that suggest it was produced by Herbert Zeitner, top gold and silversmith in Nazi Germany to be worn by Hermann Goering. Goering positioned himself as the top hunting authority in the Reich, and as the situation degenerated for Nazi Germany as a whole and for Goering and his Luftwaffe in particular he invested more and more of himself into the hunt, retreating from the realities of the imminent loss of the war and the end of the Thousand Year Reich. Each side of the ring shows a raised engraved design, with one side bearing a conjoined "HG" monogram with traditional German-style oak leaf embellishment and the reverse bearing the German Hunter's Association logo, a ribbon marked "DJ" (Deutsche Jaeger Verein) beneath the head of a multi-point stag, a radiant swastika positioned between the antlers, an old symbol of Saint Hubertus, patron saint of hunting, one of many symbols repurposed and defaced by the Nazis. The inside bottom of the band is marked with a small "Z" in a circle, a marking attributed to the goldsmith Professor Zeitner. While positive confirmation of a piece of Goering jewelry can be difficult, a number of pictures of Goering wearing a ring that could be this one survived the Nazi era, and many foreign diplomats who interacted with him felt the need to comment on the large red gemstone he was wearing on his finger, above and beyond all the other decorations he would bear into a high profile meeting.

In my opinion, without any provenance for authentication this is just another ring. But I must say the quality appears to be of top-notch craftsmanship—certainly better that the many of the obvious cheap reproductions that are on the market today.

Hermann Goering's RingsHermann Goering's RingsHermann Goering's RingsHermann Goering's Rings

Johnny R.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hermann Goering's Rings 
    Last edited by johnnyrocket; 08-20-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Image Addition

?

Sorry.
    But in my opinion on this real good pics the shoulders of the ring look like cast, not like a carved handwork.
    And this "makers mark" - sorry again - doesn´t look like a usual punched in mark.
    And where is the content hallmark?
    I think a not bad made fake/fantasy. Cast and the plain areas polished.
    For sure no ring i would buy, but very interesting.
    Thanks for showing to us!

Goering would buy a Ruby ring with This Horrible of quality Ruby in it?? Goring was an aristocrat and a connoisseur and Certainly knew his gems. For him to be seen publicly wearing such a crude and pathetic stone would have been unthinkable...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Found an nice pic with ring in a issue of "Der Adler".
    Enjoy:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Goering's Rings  
    Attached Images Attached Images Hermann Goering's Rings 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast