Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring

Article about: I once handled a ruby swastika ring that came through the auction of kent arm sales and it was a very much better ring than that one,and it was wearable.this was back in the early 70s.

Quote by Brutus View Post
    I actually posted this item but ok.
    Sorry. After 9 pages on this piece, it has become quite fatiguing. Wrong member but the sentiment is still the same.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring
    P
    Many

To be honest, I think this thread is turning into another where opposing views are strongly held and it is unlikely that anything further will change those positions and it might be time to close it, though if politeness can be maintained perhaps it will eventually just fade away.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Look at Home Page. He talks about the fakes, frauds. Interestingly enough look up a write up on Craig Gottlieb.

- - ------- - -

Read especially the archives. Mind blowing.

Quote by Itakdalej View Post
    Look at Home Page. He talks about the fakes, frauds. Interestingly enough look up a write up on Craig Gottlieb.

- - ------- - -

Read especially the archives. Mind blowing.
    Dissecting a Fraud

news letter for sept 13

The FBI and Mossad are investigating Gottlieb for Neo-Nazi activity...even though Gottlieb is Jewish himself...that's interesting, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

The news letter for September 13 discusses this ring, and it tells why it is a fake. It sold for $60+thousand dollars.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    To be honest, I think this thread is turning into another where opposing views are strongly held....
    Yes, it sure does look that way, but why? no one here shelled out money for it, and the chances of this Easter Egg surprise landing in any of our collections, is zero.
    I dont see the harm in discussing a piece like this (seriously) at all, but surely those wanting to discuss it would appreciate a few solid thingamabobs to work with? The second image posted by Odal is also worthless, the magazine it was taken from is post war, and once more; sans source. In court, if you tried to present facts or evidence in this manner, you would be disbarred on the spot, taken outside, flayed & salted.

What sticks out though on these kind of objects, is the amount of "what if`s" that are needed in order to convince the community.

Seeing as there is not a single reliable piece of evidence on this thread, if i was interested, i would start with the supposed maker, and find more objects made by him, or with his name/logo on, that way you would be able to get a feel for him and the quality (or lack of) of his work. That would be a good, and semi-reliable base for a debate on the quality of his work. Maybe he was an alcoholic who made "shaky" items, maybe in his drunken state they looked perfect to him? Who knows, but trying to form an opinion on photos that are apparently taken in the wrong light, so bad that they have turned red into pink, trying to form an opinion on b/w images that are being posted, Salop, with no indication of where they came from -well, it is nothing more than a joke, hence my few "Joke-like" replies.

Quote by HJ-Collector View Post
    Dissecting a Fraud

news letter for sept 13
    Well worth a read if you can still be bothered to scroll down the pages to find it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Here we go ► http://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/o...ile/10786/4641 ◄ for the interested.

The original source quoted for the ring image is:
    Adolf Feulner: Karl Berthold. Ein
    deutscher Goldschmied. Leipzig 1940, S.
    62, 63, 79, 83'

?

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Here we go ► http://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/o...ile/10786/4641 ◄ for the interested.
    Thats a lot of horrid kitsch in one place!

That lion-adorned stand for holding a lock of 'Henry's' hair - ohhhh, dear.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast