Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring

Article about: I once handled a ruby swastika ring that came through the auction of kent arm sales and it was a very much better ring than that one,and it was wearable.this was back in the early 70s.

I remember reading about this Sergeant and his find hoard that he kept in a box under his bed, years ago. The hoard also included in addition to this ring in the Silver Ball, a miniature painted portrait of Hitler's Mother, as well as a presentation plate made of Ambergris and other bits that I can't recall at the moment. What disturbed me most at the time when reading the article was the fact that the idiot Sergeant claimed to also have had "Hitler's Diaries" but he couldn't read them, since they were all hand written and that he had "felt guilty about having them and had Burned them"....Now, if he had all these Other unquestionably genuine items, why would he bother to lie about the Diaries?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring
    P
    Many

That ring was rock solid with provenance with more than most items could wish to have. There was a photo of Hitler's mother and its in a collection here in the states. It was a neat piece.

CBH
    ?

I remember seeing this ring in a old Playboy ( I did read some articles ) along with his mothers photo a pistol etc .

?

Lets see. That quaint American saying comes to mind. "Bull$hit". Yes that's it.
    The craftsmanship of the work is pi$$ poor at best.
    The bezels are not the quality that I see in period jewelry. Strip bezels rather than wire for faceted stones is at best amature. Strip style bezels are used for smooth cabochon stones. Precious faceted stones normally have small open spaces under the stone as is the center stone for better light refraction. Pink rubies certainly not the best quality. Dark red stones from what was Burma are considered the best and most valuable.
    The white metal platinum would have been the precious metal of choice for the period, which is slightly harder than iron, especially for a ring. The wear on the strip bezels is not consistant with platinum but more like white gold which would be much softer. The best way to tell would be an acid test. What are the metals purity stamps on the inside of the ring ? I am certain there would be jewelers marks inside the ring. It is obvious the metal has been cast. Such a style ring would continuously roll over to the underside of the finger. More pi$$ poor design.
    On the whole I wouldn't think this ring would have been crafted by German jewelers of the time for "der fuhrer". They were and are better artisans than that.
    Just the opinion of a silversmith who has some experience with precious stones and metals. Certainly not "the" last word on the subject, just a craftsman and artisan.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Lets see. That quaint American saying comes to mind. "Bull$hit". Yes that's it.
    The craftsmanship of the work is pi$$ poor at best.
    The bezels are not the quality that I see in period jewelry. Strip bezels rather than wire for faceted stones is at best amature. Strip style bezels are used for smooth cabochon stones. Precious faceted stones normally have small open spaces under the stone as is the center stone for better light refraction. Pink rubies certainly not the best quality. Dark red stones from what was Burma are considered the best and most valuable.
    The white metal platinum would have been the precious metal of choice for the period, which is slightly harder than iron, especially for a ring. The wear on the strip bezels is not consistant with platinum but more like white gold which would be much softer. The best way to tell would be an acid test. What are the metals purity stamps on the inside of the ring ? I am certain there would be jewelers marks inside the ring. It is obvious the metal has been cast. Such a style ring would continuously roll over to the underside of the finger. More pi$$ poor design.
    On the whole I wouldn't think this ring would have been crafted by German jewelers of the time for "der fuhrer". They were and are better artisans than that.
    Just the opinion of a silversmith who has some experience with precious stones and metals. Certainly not "the" last word on the subject, just a craftsman and artisan.
    Whatever. No sense in telling you anything, those are Burmese pigeon blood rubies and the ring is rock solid with a trail longer than most pieces in the market.

No one has ever said that Hitler Wore this thing...like any big World leader, Hitler received Many baubles, gifts and presents from all over the World. It was simply in the grouping of things that he had in his personal possession. The little ivory miniature painted portrait of his mother for example, had "Mutter" written in ink on the back of it-presumably by Hitler himself. The ambergris plate may well have been something that struck his fancy particularly and he had kept it near by to look at. The grouping was, for all sakes and purposes, Hitler's "sock drawer" personal sort of stuff-his favorite things-like anyone would have had stuck away. I had always wondered whatever had happened to the silver ring-certainly it could not just have vanished. According to this, it is in the collection of a collector now.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Sometimes single items of provenance seen for the first time is hard to prove. This ring would be a good addition to the "Fact or Fiction" thread. It is possible that this ring and other junk type gifts to the fuhrer... Was just tossed in Hitlers junk drawer. I like the thick gold chain idea the best and putting the ring on it.
    The way Hitler dressed was very modest with no homeboy skull rings and wristwatches the size of a TV set. Sepp Dietrich was reprimanded for wearing his custom made sword. Even that sword showed some amount of vanity.
    Agreed.
    AH was many things, but he was certainly austere in his outward presentation and the exact opposite of the vain Göring (though of course AH didnt mind making millions of Reichmarks during his reign).

Of course AH might have received this horrid looking bauble as a gift and it might have become stored like all the other tat, that he received ranging from diamond studded valuables bestowed upon him by industrialists to embroidered patriotic pillows from adoring 'Hausfrauen.'
    But truth be told, the blurb sounds like the auction house branched out from Snyder.

If this was presented to Hitler i'm surprised the presenter wasn't sent to the ostfront!..

Looks like Adolf's Superbowl ring if his team had won!

?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Does anyone know where or what happened to his iron cross?
    It is probably for sale in 'Snyders Treasurescove'!!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast