Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring

Article about: I once handled a ruby swastika ring that came through the auction of kent arm sales and it was a very much better ring than that one,and it was wearable.this was back in the early 70s.

I would bet a lot of different companies as well as
    guests and and dignitaries presented AH with all
    sorts of crap. I bet he had quite a junk drawer.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring
    P
    Many

Let's keep things civil here. I am feeling a denigration of this thread. Ajax posted this item as he thought it would be of interest to the membership. He did not make this ring and he is not selling it so lighten up guys.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    My final word on this item, Ajax if you believe the ring to be authentic then that's fine by me!...
    Gunny,

Cannot say it really matters to me in regards to the ring itself, it went above what I was comfortable with and I was not the end user for this piece. What concerns me more are the standards being applied and what they may mean in the future. Auction houses and descriptions are about prices realized and pomp, but once in a while something like this happens and you wonder if its in the right place. The information will come in time and I guess my question is more in the lines of did it oversell or undersell?.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Let's keep things civil here. I am feeling a denigration of this thread. Ajax posted this item as he thought it would be of interest to the membership. He did not make this ring and he is not selling it so lighten up guys.
    Bob,

I never posted it, I hoped that it would get is ass kicked prior to auction and not after though.

Well the auction estimate is $75 - 100k. That alone is a giveaway, they didn't want to take $400k before......
    Quality of the ring *****...... really .... pictures or not... think the german quality that everyone knows.

Investigation should start to see if Sgt Joseph existed, of course no first name is given, unit being 144th Infantry. It costs $25 to run his record here in US.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Yup, Ajax, be happy with your fairground prize crapola but don't try to lecture based on pieces of unseen and 'yet to be shown' provenance. This thread is sounding like an episode of storage wars. Pffuey!
    You have 4633 posts and this is what you hit me with?. You know I have been around a little while and I understand this market just a wee bit, so I am not trying to lecture anyone on anything other than what I know about this piece. I had several months to look at this thing and squirrel around in the background and I used it because I thought it was in the wrong auction house. The problems with the piece was not so much whether or not the piece was original, but what is the value and what would be the value if properly marketed, packaged and put in the proper venue. What you say here about crapola is irrelevant to me and what you believe or do not believe is of no concern to me either. I do not need 5000 posts to speak up on something, I just need a reason. My reasoning is not the ring itself as much as it is the comments of some to discredit it, and the application of criteria for authentication and provenance. I am not impressed with your post count, and I do not care what you think. Just so were on the same page and no disrespect to your obvious and profound knowledge.

If you had several months to look at this ring have you seen any of the magazine articles that they refer to ? Did You check into Sgt Joseph ?

Quote by Itakdalej View Post
    If you had several months to look at this ring have you seen any of the magazine articles that they refer to ? Did You check into Sgt Joseph ?
    Short answer no, did not feel the need on that as the strength was elsewhere. The auction ran split with the first having part of the grouping some of which I missed and did not realize was part of the grouping as I honed in on one piece. It was not till after the 1st auction that I realized I screwed up on two pieces. With the second auction came the balance and the notables as well as auction delays and issues. The Goring Brooch, the ring, and my second attempt at the piece that blew up in my hands in the first auction. Like the first auction there were end users for certain pieces. John Pepera was really liking that Brooch, I wish he would have lived long enough to have it. Others were on the Silver and amber salver which I came off of, another piece got away from me due to lot order, and than there was the ring. So there was essentially this pow wow of people on certain pieces and the ring was the ringer. I did not need Sgt. Joseph in my mind and I was talking to the guns in the hobby and looking at the ring and its provenance. I should add that Sgt. Joseph was already covered by another party and included in representation tied to the pieces that applied. Steve Wolfe has the Klara picture if I am not mistaken.

?

An other maybe interesting scan of a article about Bertholds working with period pics:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf hitler's "lost" ruby and gold swastika ring  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I actually posted this item but ok.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast