Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Afrika Korps ring help

Article about: Hello guys, id like your advice on this ring if you would be kind enough, a friend of mine got this from a guy who served with the desert rats in 1941 he was a tank commander and took this f

I'm no ring-expert like Odal, but I kinda like it...
    Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps ring help
    P
    Many

?

Quirky ring.
    Never seen and for real no good work.

Thanks for the reply's he has just returned the call and said there are no markings inside the ring ? says it is heavy though

I think it stands a chance being 18k Gold, the band is art-deco style of the period, and we've seen similar original DAK rings with the palm/swastika before...It may have been crafted in N.Africa or somewhere in the Mediterranean by a local...And although I admit that rings aren't my main area of study, I wouldn't be so quick to condemn this ring...just my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn, i know he has been offered a fair amount of £££ for it by the jeweller, for me it is a long way to go have one made for what? but the old guy swore he had taken it off the German officer
    thanks again for your reply's
    Ronnie

imo a local made ring,they have very good metal workers out there. I like it for what it is.

Questionable, at best-despite the intriguing story. Almost certainly a casting process made ring. Value? IF it were genuine...A solid 18K foreign crafted Afrika Korp ring...a dealer would likely ask a Grand for it. Scrap value-probably half of that.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

We encounter original rings produced by local craftsmen for Allied Troops as well, often marked Tunis, Algiers, Sicily...Which is why I am cautiously optimistic here...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 02-26-2015 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks guys i love it myself to be honest

Is he asking a fair price? I can't say that I've encountered very many fake rings made of solid 18k. It is likely, as said, a period piece and I'm not really seeing anything that screams fake at me. If it was price reasonably, I'd take a chance on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast