Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Badges between in a ring !! opinion Please,I have not seen this before.

Article about: Hi Guys Could you tell me your opinion about this is a ring?? I took more badges there this was ring , it but about can not find anything. maybe someone has seen this before ? Thank you in a

Default Badges between in a ring !! opinion Please,I have not seen this before.

Hi Guys
    Could you tell me your opinion about this is a ring??
    I took more badges there this was ring , it but about can not find anything.
    maybe someone has seen this before ?

Thank you in advance for your response.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Badges between in a ring !! opinion Please,I have not seen this before.   Badges between in a ring !! opinion Please,I have not seen this before.  

Badges between in a ring !! opinion Please,I have not seen this before.   Badges between in a ring !! opinion Please,I have not seen this before.  

Badges between in a ring !! opinion Please,I have not seen this before.   Badges between in a ring !! opinion Please,I have not seen this before.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Badges between in a ring !! opinion Please,I have not seen this before.
    P
    Many

Canteen shop ring? the type of thing you can buy on camp IMO.

Could you give me some information about the ring?
    Who is were, who wore.
    Very interested
    I think this is very nice piece .

Thank you
    Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Canteen shop ring? the type of thing you can buy on camp IMO.

?

Hm - untill now i have never seen this pattern.
    So i think i can say for sure it is no common wwII period made german pattern.

From the style i think ist a earlier ring, maybe a kind of memento mori item.
    Probably made in eastern europe.
    Some questions:
    What material? Looks like brass.
    Hallmarks? - Outside band (pic 3) is this a hallmark?
    How much pieces is this ring? Skull hollow and solderd on, or one massive Ring?
    Has the band a sizing seam?

thanks

odal

Hell
    material : brass
    Hallmarks :nothing One piece made.I measure the rest of the evening because I'm not at home

regards

Quote by odal View Post
    Hm - untill now i have never seen this pattern.
    So i think i can say for sure it is no common wwII period made german pattern.

From the style i think ist a earlier ring, maybe a kind of memento mori item.
    Probably made in eastern europe.
    Some questions:
    What material? Looks like brass.
    Hallmarks? - Outside band (pic 3) is this a hallmark?
    How much pieces is this ring? Skull hollow and solderd on, or one massive Ring?
    Has the band a sizing seam?

thanks

odal

?

Well, because ist no common and known pattern and has no marks, ist nearly impossible to find the sure origin.

From style, appearance and method of producing (i would say it looks like cast one) in my opninion ist most proably that it is an old eastern europe pattern.
    But thats only speculation.
    A nice ring at all!

Thanks for the opinion.

Regards Sándor
    Quote by odal View Post
    Well, because ist no common and known pattern and has no marks, ist nearly impossible to find the sure origin.

From style, appearance and method of producing (i would say it looks like cast one) in my opninion ist most proably that it is an old eastern europe pattern.
    But thats only speculation.
    A nice ring at all!

I agree. Most likely an early made ring but not necessarily made in the Third Reich and not absolutely German either. It shows what looks to be pretty decent aging and patina. A ring such as this could be from any number of countries in Europe and could be a civilian worn, or a between wars military-maybe even a veterans piece. Seeing as it's in with a WWII German grouping, it may well have been Worn by a German soldat, but it looks to be considerably older than that era and could, quite literally, have come from Anywhere. The unusual decoration on it suggests a possible Baltic connection? Having said that, I still like it and it looks like an extremely handsome and solidly heavy ring and it would certainly be a very nice collectable piece for any ring collection. The engrailing on the shank is a particularly nice touch!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks for the opinion and review was helpful

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I agree. Most likely an early made ring but not necessarily made in the Third Reich and not absolutely German either. It shows what looks to be pretty decent aging and patina. A ring such as this could be from any number of countries in Europe and could be a civilian worn, or a between wars military-maybe even a veterans piece. Seeing as it's in with a WWII German grouping, it may well have been Worn by a German soldat, but it looks to be considerably older than that era and could, quite literally, have come from Anywhere. The unusual decoration on it suggests a possible Baltic connection? Having said that, I still like it and it looks like an extremely handsome and solidly heavy ring and it would certainly be a very nice collectable piece for any ring collection. The engrailing on the shank is a particularly nice touch!