Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bonafide SS Honour Ring

Article about: -- Recently picked this gem up. It's near mint condition save for someone doing a poor job in trying to erase the name.

Quote by lartiste View Post
    to complete the discussion - there were some unclear opinions concerning the ring at German daggers board - Fiala Ring - German Daggers

Gaspare is one of the very experienced ring collectors, Evgeniy is producer of best copies. You can try to post more pics. Can I share your pics on German daggers board?

I myself believe this is original, I only see two points to doubt:

1. the name is partly scratched eventhough there was no reason to do so - the names were usually scratched out at the end of war, but your man died during the war, so why?

2. if possible can you share better picture of Himmler's signature? the photos of the signature are not clear ....

-- Thank you for input Lartiste. These are some of the original pictures of which I based my purchase on, as well as the ring's description. Perhaps these can lend better detail than those taken by my iPhone. I must admit that when the ring arrived and I first opened the ring case I was a little taken aback -- the ring isn't nearly as bright as all of these pictures would suggest. It's rather much darker in appearance to the human eye. And the ring itself is significantly narrower when seen in person. The zoom of the cameras does present an illusion.

--------------------

Bonafide SS Honour Ring

SS-Ehrenring der Franz Fiala - Waffen SS, SS-Obersturmführer der Reserve. The SS Honor Ring was a personal gift bestowed by Himmler intended as “reminder at all times to be willing to risk the life of ourselves for the life of the whole” and would become one of the highest honors bestowed upon a man of the elite SS. The SS honor ring was designed by Karl Maria Wiligut and produced solely by master gold/silversmiths Otto & Karolina Gahr of Munich. This ring is a 11 ¾ size and is dated June 21st 1943. The skull is affixed directly above a nice seam of the ring indicating the ring was sized before it was welded closed. Exactly what we want to see on these pieces. The exterior displays a Totenkopf, sig rune, hagal rune swastika and a double gibor and bind rune. It is engraved “Franz Fiala 21. 6. 43. H. Himmler”. The skull is affixed directly above a nice seam of the ring indicating the ring was sized before it was welded closed. Exactly what we want to see on these pieces. The exterior displays a Totenkopf, sig rune, hagal rune swastika and a double gibor and bind rune. Interior exhibits a textbook inscription, engraved nicely into the ring. His early SS number is 299300. This one is particularly interesting as there was a weak attempt to remove the name. It was only half-hearted and the name remains clearly visible. Truly speaks to the period as many SS guys tried to disassociate themselves with the organization at the close of hostilities. A desirable piece. Included with the ring is an Expertise from Don Boyle and a 33 page research package from Robert McDivitt.

F. Fiala was awarded: Honour Chevron for the Old Guard, SS Totenkopf Ring, Himmler Honor Dagger, Julleuchter, Bronze SA and RLB Spots Badge, 2nd Class War Merit Cross and the Anschluss Medal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bonafide SS Honour Ring
    P
    Many

original ring , in the best condition !!!
    congratulation !!!
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-04-2020 at 02:56 PM.

The whole problem with the ring is caused by insufficient photos of engraving, n particular there is no clear photo of Himmler's signature, even the one from Lake Side Trader is strange.

There is for sure no problem concerning the band.

Provided that Mediumtall want/can make further photos of engraving, would be more than happy.

Trust me, I make very best copy of honor rings of 37 and 41 year type
    And I saw many more copy of rings, all of them has they all had very clear signs of a copy.
    In this ring I do not see anything of this, but the engraving is not very clearly visible.
    But I can say that it’s not difficult to fake it either
    Here my copy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bonafide SS Honour Ring   Bonafide SS Honour Ring  

Bonafide SS Honour Ring   Bonafide SS Honour Ring  

?

Evgeniy, I notice that Ralph has edited your post # 32 with the shameless sales pitch for your reproduction rings. Not to be perturbed, you try again. You have been informed before that this Forum is not the place for this:

Higher quality repro SS honour ring

Please take note of post # 6 in the supplied link!

Regards
    Brett

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4