Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Carin Göring's ring

Article about: I look forward to pics of the former owner wearing the ring.

Default Re: Görings ring

A Mood ring was my first thought upon viewing it. Need more
    and better quality pics, especially the hallmarks. And as said,
    not 'Goering's ring', but a gift from him - if it indeed was.
    The box looks very new and modern to me.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carin Göring's ring
    P
    Many

Is there anyone around here who can read what's on the photo? It appears to be along the lines of a thankyou for looking after Carin (her name is on it..?) and it's dated 21st of October 1931 (what would have been her 43rd birthday) but she actually died 4 days prior to it on the 17th of October that year.

Another coincidence? The photo needs closer inspection too, by folks who know Goring's handwriting, as well as all the other photo's and correspondence you have.

As far as the ring case, well it's not original, that's pretty obvious, it's a relatively modern item that isn't even made to contain a ring, rather a necklace or such like. A ring case is made so that the piece is in the centre of the planchet, not awkwardly sitting at the top held in place by a loop.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Is there anyone around here who can read what's on the photo? It appears to be along the lines of a thankyou for looking after Carin (her name is on it..?) and it's dated 21st of October 1931 (what would have been her 43rd birthday) but she actually died 4 days prior to it on the 17th of October that year.
    It says:

"In Dankbarkeit
    und in Erinnerung an meine
    einzige Carin.
    Hermann Göring
    21.X.31
    "

...meaning...:

"In gratitude
    and in memory of my
    one Carin.
    Hermann Göring
    21 Oct. 31
    "

Many thx for the replys
    The ring was worn by Carin. Given to my great grandmother the 21-10-1931. The box is just a random box, there are no markings on the ring that I can see.
    now to find a decent jeweller

Good job, once again by HPL2008. now if some others that are familiar with H G's signature could chime in, I would think theres some serious provenance there. I dont think there was any nazi,that dressed better than HG. one would think if he was going to give some one a gift,(especially in this case) it would be top shelf.

BigNeds advice is excellent. would be rather inetresting to hear back,what they say.

I hope it turns out well for you.

I would be Extremely cautious when regarding this ring posted here. It's styling and construction does not openly reflect an early 1930's European manner. The stone itself, while almost certainly an opal, looks almost to be a fairly modern-ish Mexican opal. One would have thought that an aristocrat like Goring-a man of sophistication and taste-would have a much higher quality stone than this one pictured. The mount it is in is also of remarkably poor detail and ornamentation. I can't for the life of me picture Goring going into a Main Street jewelry shop and picking up a bauble from the display case for a heartfelt gift. Most all of Goring's jewelry was hand made and hand designed and of the highest materials.

I am Not saying that this piece is a fake, but only that until Much more solid and substantial documentation and proofs are obtained for it, I would withhold making a clear judgement on it. My Personal feelings on it are not important.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The Main rings that Goring wore were crest rings, so as Walkwolf said it is more of a mood ring.
    Morris

Gøring did not wear this one.

Sorry, I should have quoted the above poster.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    The Main rings that Goring wore were crest rings, so as Walkwolf said it is more of a mood ring.
    Morris
    I think what Doorborn is saying is that this was one of Karin Goring's rings, not one that Goring would wear himself. I find what Ned is saying is very interesting, how opal is the birthstone for October so ties in with Karin's birthday. Id like to hear what an expert jeweler says about the age.

The examination of the photo shown here and any others and related letters/ documents or whatever, is needed as much as the examination of the ring IMO. Afterall, don't we agree that the ring is nothing as it stands alone, yet with corroborating evidence of a positive link to the nurse concerned it bears some POSSIBLE chance of being what it is mooted to be?

As far as the ring goes itself, who is to say it was bought by Goring? If it is an opal, then it is Carin Goring's birthstone and may have been owned by her since a young age, perhaps before she was even married to her first husband, never mind old Hermann her second one. We can go on forever saying this and that, but at the end of the day it needs careful examination by an expert to even hope it is of the correct period and a genuine piece from that time.

Then you may have a ring with some provenance IF you are to believe that it all came together, and that is something that will never be truly known unless photographic evidence of the woman in question wearing it, or a ledger, insurance document, diary or other such information is found to prove the link.

And that is in all probability unlikely....So best case scenario is IF what is already available here is shown to be genuine, then you still have to want to BELIEVE.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast