Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Carin Göring's ring

Article about: I look forward to pics of the former owner wearing the ring.

?

Default Re: Carin Göring's ring

I look forward to pics of the former owner wearing the ring.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carin Göring's ring
    P
    Many

Quote by Scout View Post
    same here!

Quote by Scout View Post
    A tantalising glimpse....???
    Attached Images Attached Images Carin Göring's ring 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you Doorborn for providing more documentation,, this thread is now beginning to move forward on a positive note and hopefully to help you find some type of information on at least getting it insured. Lets further desiminate the documents in the rest of the translations and also some of our forum signature and writing experts will add to this thread.
    Putting a price on the ring itself is a hard call as this is a one of a kind. Looking forward to a positive outcome!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Lets further desiminate the documents in the rest of the translations and also some of our forum signature and writing experts will add to this thread.
    I'm afraid I, for one, can't help with translations of these latest three documents, as they are in Swedish.
    (Except for the text on the left inside page of the green folded card, which is in German: These are the first and the last stanza of the lyrics for the religious hymn "Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott", known in English-speaking countries as "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" or in Sweden as "Vår Gud är oss en väldig borg".)

will give it a try this weekend on translate the letters

Backide of Göring photo

This photograph is obtained by Captain Müllern of a Norwegian officer commanded as Swedish liaison officer of DKT (District Command Trondheim; chief Colonel Holtermann) and submitted to Mrs. Maria Boman in June 1945.
    The sympathy of all discomfort for Mrs. Boman is this message recorded
    [signed: N Müllern]

Letter from Thomas

Carinhall d. 21 December 1938

Dear Maria
    A merry Christmas I wish Maria and family.
    We had a nice evening together in Stockholm. It was also so funny for me to hear what Maria said over lunch at KB.
    A Christmas message I send also through a small book for the little one.
    Today I arrived here to Carinhall, which is built in memory of the mother.
    We all enjoy Christmas.
    With many warm greetings and best wishes for all good things from your affectionate
    [signed Thomas]

Photo of Thomas

To Maria with warmth. Gratitude with the year 1931 in mind.
    Stockholm 1.12.38
    [signed Thomas]

Also found a postcard
    Carin Göring's ringCarin Göring's ring
    Carin Göring's ringCarin Göring's ring

Dear dear sister
    This dhould come through me, but it's from my dad in Sweden, not Captain Goering. Told him that the sister was there with my mother the last night, and therfor he wanted to show gratitude because sister was so lovely as I told.
    Sincerely hope sister have a nice christmas. In the New Year, we may visit Stockhom. It would be VERY nice to meet sister. Many many greetings [signed Thomas Kantzow]

Often think of sister and wondering how sister has it. We have our work, Captain Goering with policies which are important things right now, and I with the school.
    Would be very funny if the sister would someday. - Mother is an angel and certainly she thinks now of little sister with gratitude. Everything all good wishes sister's affectionate [signed Thomas KW]

Carin Göring's ring

"To Maria
    In memory of Baroness Carin Goering with thanks by Hermann Goering"

Looks like it can be my ring, but photo of an old photo.

Talked to my mon abit she took the ring to jeweller maby 30 years ago. The ring is a solid opal, she think he said it was a krystal opal or something like that. The ring itself is Platinum and the stones on the sides are small diamonds
    She could not remember what the jeweller said about the price.

so anyone got an idea of insurance value?

Quote by Doorborn View Post
    Carin Göring's ring

Talked to my mon abit she took the ring to jeweller maby 30 years ago. The ring is a solid opal, she think he said it was a krystal opal or something like that. The ring itself is Platinum and the stones on the sides are small diamonds
    She could not remember what the jeweller said about the price.

so anyone got an idea of insurance value?
    I think that taking it to a jeweller for an insurance evaluation would be a better option than asking here.....Come on, you know it makes sense.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The ring in the above pic looks nothing like the one first posted,
    and should have a makers mark if it's platinum - doesn't look
    like high quality from here. I'm also curious to know
    how the 'diamonds' are set.

Go get a professional appraisal and post IT here.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast