MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Carin Göring's ring

Article about: I look forward to pics of the former owner wearing the ring.

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Carin Göring's ring

Any more updates to this? ...It was just starting to get interesting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carin Göring's ring
    P
    Many

Are working on contacting a antique dealer. Are not many in my area (small town in the middle of nowhere)
    And the ones here are directing me to dealers in Stockholm

also alot with final exams at Uni, but update will come just dont know when

I agree with the Moderator—without the provenance, it's just another ring Doorborn.

Johnny R.

WW II Researcher
    ?

Default Re: Görings ring

Hello. I am familiar with the ring and corresponded with your grandmother before she passed away. I recently wrote to her daughter-in-law (Fru Alva C) to enquire about these items. She told me that her husband was seriously ill and that she was not interested in replying. I would like to speak with you regarding these items. I am a serious historian and would appreciate contact with you.

The plot thickens. Dwight

I think it's quite likely that the plot is not the only thing getting thick....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

So i just found this thread... after reading all 6 pages we still dont find out.... any updates?

I've just found this thread again also, curious to see that post from WW II researcher. A one-time poster who somehow 'happened' across this thread in which he has a personal interest AND decides against PM-ing Doorborn but instead attempts to open communications via the forum? I smell the faint waft of rodent in the air, perhaps a weak attempt to provide authenticity for what was hoped to be a grand private sale of the ring? I wonder if Doorborn and WW II Researcher have the same IP address?

I always liked to think there was something about this tale rang true, otherwise it would be a very good attempt to hoodwink folks as the explanation to it's existence and being given as a gift by Hermann Goring to his late wife's nurse was in my opinion, plausible and not unbelievable, although not proven.

However, we most likely will never know, as the wishy washy way Doorborn went about researching this ring and his apparent reluctance or failure to get it examined by a jeweller, never mind an expert in early 20th century jewellery, as well as the actual corroborating paperwork that is at least as important to confirming the ring's provenance, didn't really happen in the end. Sadly this leads us nowhere and only goes to strengthen opinions against the ring being a small, but rare and genuine piece of 3rd Reich history.

I like to think things could have been different if only an effective plan had been used by him. But then again, playing devil's advocate, perhaps the ring and his 'story' of it coming into his possession would have crumbled under this expert scrutiny as he knew it quite likely would, and so the rather interesting premise to this whole thread fizzled out then.

Too bad, but this is often the case when alleged rare and unusual items pertaining to characters and events from history are originally presented before a knowledgeable and sceptical audience.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Small update:
    The ring is now insured and in a nice little box at the bank, where it will sit and wait for future generations Doorborn's

Thanks to all for the inputs and tips in this thread

PS not the same IP address

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast