Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Carin Göring's ring

Article about: I look forward to pics of the former owner wearing the ring.

Default Carin Göring's ring

my great grandmother was one of Karins night nurses and when Karin died Herman gave a ring to my great grandmother.
    I have also some letters and signed photos from Göring and Thomas (Karins son)
    was just wondering about price and insurance.

Carin Göring's ringCarin Göring's ringCarin Göring's ring
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-03-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Title changed to clarify.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carin Göring's ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: Görings ring

Hello and welcome.

I think for people to be able to help you, you will have to upload much bigger and clearer photos of said ring.

Chris
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have taken the liberty to rotate your photo so that it is easier to view. More and better photos are required for any authentification and evaluation of these items. Do you have any provenance? Maybe a letter from your great grandmother or grandmother?
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carin Göring's ring  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the welcome
    I dont have any letter mentioning the ring think the best I can get is my grandmothers will who mentions the ring.

Quite an entrance, welcome. Have you found any pictures of H wearing this particular ring? It does look like his style I have to admit.

If it is agift, I suppose H don't wore it...

Complete photos of the ring especially on the inside,, for any hall markings also photos of the other side of the ring. Photos of the ring box it is in ,,if it actually belongs to it. I would like for the other members who collect and have knowledge of collecting period rings to have a good look at it. The condition of the box inside and out and any printing. Please supply the requested photos to help give you the best assessment,, otherwise ,, it might be a 70s repro when the "Mood ring" came out into the market and sold for $1. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Also, it might help to authenticate these items if you posted clear scans of the letters. I also suggest that you "watermark" your photos or scans before posting.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Interesting ring, it needs close examination by a jeweller IMO. It appears it may be an opal. The size of the stone is remarkably large by todays standards, but I would guess it may be what's known as a 'Triplet' opal. This is a thin sliver of opal that is laid on a base of another stone, possibly semi-precious, such as Obsidian. It is then capped by another domed piece of rare natural crystal called Spinel. This is done to accentuate and magnify the colours of the opal and to protect it, as it is a fairly soft stone and prone to cracking or even shattering if knocked.

It's not easy to be certain of the size of the ring by this photo, much better ones are needed, but I would guess that the ring is a small size as for a womans finger rather than one of Hermann's fat digits! As some of you know, the opal is a recognised birthstone, and it is specific for the month of October. Karin Goring was born on the 21st of October 1888, a coincidence? Maybe.

The opal also has a symbolism in folklore associated with healing. Perhaps another reason that one of Karin's nurses was given the jewel by Goring after his wife's premature death? Who knows? But worth thinking of all the same.....

Regards, Ned @ Tiffany's
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

The real key here is "Provenance", everything else is speculation - Provenance reflecting that the ring came from Goring or was his property in one way or another.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast