Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK/Italian Afrika Campaign Ring - Help!!

Article about: Hello all, I've come across this ring on an antique website in America and was wondering if you guys thought it was good or bad I've had a good look on both this forum and others and with th

?

Thumbs up DAK/Italian Afrika Campaign Ring - Help!!

Hello all, I've come across this ring on an antique website in America and was wondering if you guys thought it was good or bad I've had a good look on both this forum and others and with there being so many different versions of this type of ring I was hoping for a second opinion! (Although I think it may well be OK!) The hallmark looks a bit fuzzy but I'm assuming that's due to wear and tear. I take it the emblems aren't made of Gold? Does anyone have on info of these rings? I'm struggling to find any period adverts etc is all. All opinions welcomed! Cheers guys, skip01.

DAK/Italian Afrika Campaign Ring - Help!!DAK/Italian Afrika Campaign Ring - Help!!DAK/Italian Afrika Campaign Ring - Help!!DAK/Italian Afrika Campaign Ring - Help!!DAK/Italian Afrika Campaign Ring - Help!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK/Italian Afrika Campaign Ring - Help!!
    P
    Many

typical Arab metal work.can't see where the DAK or Italian comes in to it.

?

Thanks for the response harryamb2 I was under the impression that these were worn by DAK/Italian ww2 soldiers?

?

Well known pattern.
    And....originals are of course italian made.
    Look only at the hallmarking. Left hallmark is italian. In the middle of it the fasciste.
    And a "M" for making in Milano.

From this pics is for me impossible to say wether good or faked.

?

Thanks for the info, Odal . I thought I could make out an 'MI' to the right of the fascist symbol Not too sure on the silversmith number to the left though? '_3' perhaps?

?

Quote by skip01 View Post
    Thanks for the info, Odal . I thought I could make out an 'MI' to the right of the fascist symbol Not too sure on the silversmith number to the left though? '_3' perhaps?
    Hard to spot
    But yes, the number is the manufacturer. These rings were mass produced.

?

Actually there is in facebook a pic of this pattern in wearing:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

?

Quote by odal View Post
    Actually there is in facebook a pic of this pattern in wearing:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Odal, could you please post the picture directly onto this thread? The link doesn't seem to work for me!

?

here:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK/Italian Afrika Campaign Ring - Help!!  

?

Fantastic picture, always good to see rings in period portraits etc. Thanks for sharing, Odal