Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Ring 1941

Article about: Can anyone help me with information on this ring. It came from some stuff of my Grandads. During the war he served with the 14-20 Hussars in Iraq, North Africa and Italy. Unfortunatly I neve

Default DAK Ring 1941

Can anyone help me with information on this ring.
    It came from some stuff of my Grandads. During the war he served with the 14-20 Hussars in Iraq, North Africa and Italy.
    Unfortunatly I never got to ask my Grandad about his experiences as he died when I was very young.
    The ring I believe was made by locals at the request of German soldiers.
    How my Gandad came by it I can only speculate. Any information would be greatly appreciated on this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Ring 1941   DAK Ring 1941  

DAK Ring 1941  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Ring 1941
    P
    Many

Default Re: DAK Ring 1941

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum!

Nice that you know where the ring came from.

The info you have on it is correct: these were a very popular souvenir which were purchased locally in North Africa by German soldiers from Arab craftsmen. They can be found in a variety of types which all follow the same basic design as seen on yours. It all depended on how much you were willing to pay. Some were silver with gold inlay while others were more simply executed like yours.

A nice desirable peice.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for that. Out of all his things (the rest is pay books italian phrase book etc which I will get round to putting on here) this is the most interesting. The detail on the pictures is I think really good for such a basic design.

?

thanks for showing thats a lovely piece i have a small collection of these myself , rgds Dave