Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAK Ring

Article about: Hi guys, what do you think of this ring? Looks ok to me but i would like your confirmation. Here is the description: ''Third Reich period time personal ring to a Afrikakorps veteran. A unmar

Default DAK Ring

Hi guys, what do you think of this ring? Looks ok to me but i would like your confirmation.
    Here is the description:
    ''Third Reich period time personal ring to a Afrikakorps veteran. A unmarked silver ring which must have been crafted down in Afrika. It shows a palm with swastika and DAK 1941 on the front. The sides are showing a palm and a typical North African building. There are no markings to the inside of the ring however one to the outside. It looks to be a makers mark. The material should be silver.
    Nicely worn ring in good condition. The center crest is gilded.''

Thanks in advance,
    cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Ring   DAK Ring  

DAK Ring   DAK Ring  

DAK Ring  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Ring
    P
    Many

mpw
    ?

Default Re: DAK Ring

It seems to have age to it and a good balanced design. Looking at other known original DAK rings there are some similarities too. Perhaps if you post it on the sub forum 'Third Reich Rings' within the 'Art-Decor-Exotica of the Third Reich' forum you might get more opinions.

Mark.

It almost looks as if the design on the front is newer than the rest of it and is very poorly executed in comparison IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hello,
    I would go with Jerry here, looks like a genuine "blank" civilian ring in silver from Maghreb enhanced with DAK stuff....the person who engraved the front was less skilled than the one who did the ring in the first place...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I didn't know that a sub forum for rings existed.
    Could it be engraved by the soldier like they were doing with their cigarette cases or water canteens?

I would go with the above comments on this one, old tourist ring with newer details added to the front

Ok i'll pass then.
    Thanks for your thoughts gents.

mpw
    ?

I'm still thinking this ring stands a chance of being original. It looks very similar to the one on the Klaus Butschek group photo (second row). Also the engraving has a lot in common with the Krim ring in the second photo. Especially the the style of palm tree. Add that to the fact the shape is typical of period rings and the cost of having gold inlay added post war would be an expense that the seller would never recover.

Mark.

DAK RingDAK Ring

Lol - at least it's not another skull ring ! !

I actually like the look of it. The guys who made them weren't
    great artisans, they just wanted to sell their wares.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by mpw View Post
    I'm still thinking this ring stands a chance of being original. It looks very similar to the one on the Klaus Butschek group photo (second row). Also the engraving has a lot in common with the Krim ring in the second photo. Especially the the style of palm tree. Add that to the fact the shape is typical of period rings and the cost of having gold inlay added post war would be an expense that the seller would never recover.

Mark.
    Hello Mark and Steve.
    The ring i posted is actually the one in the second row from Klaus Butschek. Since the community was not positive on it, i passed and purchased 2 other skull rings he had in that same case.
    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast