Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Death's Head Ring

Article about: Hi, i bought this ring online a while ago, i was wondering if somebody would be so kind as to confirm its authenticity or if its a copy? I am not fussed either way, i just want to know if it

?

Default Death's Head Ring

Hi, i bought this ring online a while ago, i was wondering if somebody would be so kind as to confirm its authenticity or if its a copy?

I am not fussed either way, i just want to know if it is genuine or not. I do have another couple of rings i want to post as well, but i thought it would be best to concentrate on one thing at a time.

I did give it a little clean, i know your not supposed to, but i only read that after the fact so sorry about that. If anyone needs me to upload more pictures, just ask.

It has a stamp, but i realise this could have been added for 'authenticity'.

I did some research on identifying war rings on this forum so i have some idea of what to look for but i have forgotten most of the details now, such as the stamp number determining if its real silver and silver didn't go higher than a 925 stamp etc.

It's hard to see but the stamp is 835.

If anyone with more knowledge than me could tell me more, i would appreciate it.

P.S. My granddad was in the SS, and fought in Russia as a tank commander. I thought you would all find this interesting, so if you want to know more just pm me or i could create a thread about it in the appropriate forum at your request and share my limited info on it.

Death's Head Ring Death's Head Ring Death's Head Ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Death's Head Ring
    P
    Many

?

A couple i forgot to post, there is a strange symbol inside the ring, i don't know what this means?:

Death's Head RingDeath's Head Ring

The obvious porosity of the metal-especially inside-tells us that it is Cast. The small cube shaped skull has been used on other varieties of Polish made fakes. Unfortunately, this ring is one of them from Poland.

Sorry for the bad news, but such is the way it is with German war-era rings. The Vast majority of the rings on today's market are modern made fakes or outright fantasy designs that never existed to begin with. Despite all that, Welcome to the Forum and we would be more than happy to take a look at the other pieces you have and let you know "yay or nay!" on them! Good hunting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William is correct , unfortunately 99% of rings we see are fakes/reproductions , Yes we would like to hear about your granddad that was in the SS . look forward to it

?

Thanks guys, i guessed it might be a fake, the others probably are too, but its just getting the confirmation. I didn't pay much money for it anyway.

I will post the others, i also have this watch my friend gave me, i know its not a war watch, i think engravings have been added but i wanted to know the the watch is an original swiss one.