Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DLV ring

Article about: Well, after yesterday's trials and marathon debates, I thought you guys might enjoy seeing this baby. It's one of my favourites. This is a pre-war ring worn by members of the euphemistically

Default DLV ring

Well, after yesterday's trials and marathon debates, I thought you guys might enjoy seeing this baby. It's one of my favourites.

This is a pre-war ring worn by members of the euphemistically named Deutscher Luftsportverband (DLV; German Air Sports Association). The DLV was an organisation set up by the Nazi Party in 1933 to establish the widespread, consistent training of military pilots. Replaced in 1937 by the NSFK, they trained clandestinely in the Soviet Union. How ironic is that? As you know, this organisation eventually transformed into the mighty Luftwaffe.

The silver mark inside the band is hard to read, even with a magnifier, as it's pretty worn. I believe it is '825'.

DLV ringDLV ring
    DLV ringDLV ring
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 05-25-2017 at 09:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DLV ring
    P
    Many

Superb ring! The black enameled and stone rings are always impressive. Looks like this one was almost never or rarely worn. Beautiful shape and a rare animal by any way of looking at it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

lovely ring and by the look of it quite rare

?

dito

Quote by bonny View Post
    lovely ring and by the look of it quite rare
    Thanks bonny. It's the only one of this kind that I've ever seen. It is a beauty though.
    As I recall, it was from a large Austrian collection that was auctioned a few years ago

?

Hard to get stuff.
    Have a very hard worn one of exact this pattern and know in an other collection an very similar one
    with dark blue enamel.
    Correct hallmark should be "935" for this pattern.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DLV ring  
    Last edited by odal; 05-25-2017 at 06:35 PM.

very nice ring.

Quote by odal View Post
    Hard to get stuff.
    Have a very hard worn one of exact this pattern and know in an other collection an very similar one
    with dark blue enamel.
    Correct hallmark should be "935" for this pattern.
    Bang on the nail, as you often are, Götz. I dug out the high-power magnifier with a light. The silver content is, indeed, 935. Danke schön!

?

thats a good known pattern... And,, thats one in the best condition I've seen,,congrats..

Very nice piece!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast