Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DNSAP Ring - Danish NSDAP Sympathizers

Article about: Good evening guys, I have seen this ring for sale - more often than not I stay clear of fingers rings due to the number of fakes around! Does this one stand a chance? I have nooooooooo idea

In my opinion, I would say that it is more likely than not a period "trench art" made ring. It is, even so, extremely well made and whoever crafted it did a fine job creating it. As for what it represents, that is more of a puzzle. Obviously, it seems to show symbols of Denmark and Germany, but also, possibly, Japanese as well?? I can only theorize that the rising sun is meant for Japan, but why the pink arms is a mystery-as well as why the small round dot over the Danish flag. I do like the file fret work around the edges and the well done inlay of the enameling. I would not hesitate to acquire this ring if it were reasonably priced. I like it, but would not invest a inordinately large amount of money in to it. If you can get it for a less than unGodly sum-pick it up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DNSAP Ring - Danish NSDAP Sympathizers
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    In my opinion, I would say that it is more likely than not a period "trench art" made ring. It is, even so, extremely well made and whoever crafted it did a fine job creating it. As for what it represents, that is more of a puzzle. Obviously, it seems to show symbols of Denmark and Germany, but also, possibly, Japanese as well?? I can only theorize that the rising sun is meant for Japan, but why the pink arms is a mystery-as well as why the small round dot over the Danish flag. I do like the file fret work around the edges and the well done inlay of the enameling. I would not hesitate to acquire this ring if it were reasonably priced. I like it, but would not invest a inordinately large amount of money in to it. If you can get it for a less than unGodly sum-pick it up!
    Hi William,

Thank you for your response - I too have a good feeling about this ring for the reasons you have commented on.

As to the price he wants £30 for it but I am sure we can compromise. I would never spend a large amount of money on a ring without documentation.

Thank you, Glen.

If you like it just buy it, for that price you can't really go wrong IMO.

I agree, it's a nice ring that's probably worth the risk on originality. It's so odd, I can't imagine someone picking this subject matter to fake a ring with the intent to deceive. This ring surely had a purpose. The only question is if it was war or post war.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    If you like it just buy it, for that price you can't really go wrong IMO.
    Agree. I was assuming it was much more. Worth the chance at this price point if you like it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by avenger View Post
    I agree, it's a nice ring that's probably worth the risk on originality. It's so odd, I can't imagine someone picking this subject matter to fake a ring with the intent to deceive. This ring surely had a purpose. The only question is if it was war or post war.
    I couldn't agree more...

Got it for £25 all in.

Thank you, Glen.

It is a very good price. I can offer 50 euros when You will decide to sell it:-).

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    It is a very good price. I can offer 50 euros when You will decide to sell it:-).
    Hi,

Thank you for your offer but I am not looking to sell it nor would I be prepared to sell it for 50 euro.

Thank you, Glen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2