Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Edelweiss napkin ring

Article about: Dear Friends, i need your opinions of these Edelweiss napkin ring, the manufacturer is Jakob Grimminger, (father of Jakob Grimminger, standarbearer of the Blutfahne?). original of the III Re

Default Edelweiss napkin ring

Dear Friends, i need your opinions of these Edelweiss napkin ring, the manufacturer is Jakob Grimminger, (father of Jakob Grimminger, standarbearer of the Blutfahne?). original of the III Reich period?, some more information?. Thanks in advance.
    All the best
    Jose Luis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Edelweiss napkin ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: Edelweiss napkin ring

Edelweiss is popular symbol in Austria and Bayern. Seems to be original pre 1945 item but I do not see any connection with military.

The seller send to me a new photo, an engraving of the 24.Waffen-Gebirgs (Karstjäger) Division der SS, in this piece. This print for me is very suspect, what is your opinion?

Looks like someone decided to enlist a civilian napkinholder into the SS! I don't like anything about this, friend. Thinking you could do much better with your money...
    Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Looks like someone decided to enlist a civilian napkinholder into the SS! I don't like anything about this, friend. Thinking you could do much better with your money.
    Agreed; the engraving is horrible. As is so often the case, the fakers failed with their spelling, too: instead of "Geb.", they wrote "Gerb."! What's that supposed to mean? "Gerbil Division"?
    (Well, actually, not even the word order is right: It's supposed to be "24. Waffen-Gebirgs-(Karstjäger-)Division".)

Well, engraving of the Edelweiss is well done and probably before 1945. Just someone added "SS" engraving and wanted to get some easy money. Sad, because I like this item without "SS" engraving much more...