Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ehrengabe Ring 1938, most beautiful Ring of the third Reich!

Article about: This Ring is my one in a million, a similar ring is on the internet: The Adolf Hitler Collection compare his one with mine: its the same ring!! Only difference mine i issued in 1938, and the

?

Default Ehrengabe Ring 1938, most beautiful Ring of the third Reich!

This Ring is my one in a million, a similar ring is on the internet:
    The Adolf Hitler Collection
    compare his one with mine: its the same ring!!
    Only difference mine i issued in 1938, and the author thinks the jeweler's hallmark is a silver mark, which it isnt.

Anyone has an idea about the initials? R.H.T or R.H.J?

Ring is made of 14K gold, base colour is yellow, oakleaves are a bit greenish, rad with swastika and handwerks emblem are made of red gold, inlay with eagle are white gold.
    It's about 18 gramms, it is actually worn corse the bottom is perfectly polished by use.
    I had to crack my bankaccount but i think its well worth the effort and money.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrengabe Ring 1938, most beautiful Ring of the third Reich!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ehrengabe Ring 1938, most beautiful Ring of the third Reich!

I know that you have invested a considerable sum of money into this ring, so I will be cautious here. The website that you point out with the Hitler ring, while I am not pointing fingers, I will say that the owner of this site does not have the firmest of fine reputations with everything. What you will need to definitely do in the case of your piece, is you absolutely must have it thoroughly researched and authenticated. Did your ring come with any papers of history or provenance? Did it come from a spotlessly honest dealer and what did he say as to it's background? I Very much hope that you have the one in a million ring that you can be proud of, but until you have an recognized authority with Top credentials examine it and write you out unimpeachable papers for it, I would be careful. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Ehrengabe der Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks R.H.T. 1938
    It's a private purchase not a seller one.
    He is related with family that worked for the Goebbels and Quandt family's.
    There this ring comes from.
    He showed me letters from the Goebbels office "privatsekretariat Frau Magda Goebbels".
    I also bought a Police parade bajonet with it.
    I have taking some pictures of a few letters.

Last edited by gerrit; 10-27-2011 at 07:47 AM.

A good start, for sure. Do any of these letters make mention of this ring or make mention of anyone with the initials inscribed? William
    William

?

Hi William,
    he wouldnt tell me names of his relatives other then that he is dutch and his family has married with germans before the war., they worked in Berlin, Munchen and Frankfurt.
    Other then stated that their grandpa from german side ( nephew) has died and they wanted to get rid of the stuff.
    He only took the ring and the police parade dagger with a few letters and strangly a jews cross, the uniforms and other stuff were donated to a antiqueshop.
    First when i heard about this ring he only mentioned it as a golden officers ring, i went there ( he lives at the german border) to buy the police dagger.
    the ring is of such a great craftmanship that there was no doubt anyhow that this was a not the real deal.
    Bottomline: he needed money to restore his oldtimer....and being home at his place......i could see why.
    I only referred to the website above because thats the only hit i got with this inscription, i was amazed that it was the same ring, but with another inscription.
    Im dutch so i am not familiar with dealers from the States and their reputation.
    Frankfurt earned that Title "Ehrentitel" in 1935 ( Stadt des Deutschen Handwerks)
    The pictures above do not do justice to the ring ( dont look at the box please)
    I try it again with these pictures:

Hello Gerrit, I have no problem with the ring being genuine, but I do not accept the story that the website gives with their version being given to Hitler in 1941. From just a brief scanning of the internet, it appears that the city of Frankfurt am Main gave out these honor rings pretty much every year, for whatever various deeds the recipient had performed in their esteem. It should be no large problem for you to track down who the 1938 recipient was. For example, I see that Oberbereichsleiter Nikolaus Selzner was presented with one in 1936. Certainly, there must be a historical society in Frankfurt who could tell you of that years honoree. "R.H.T" should be findable. In the meantime, my original advise still should be paid heed and you almost surely should have it appraised by a high reputed authority there and have papers made for it. You may also consider having it Insured. It's a beautiful ring. But until you know it's full history, prize it for what it is and not for it's story! I seriously believe that the ring shown on the website you saw is probably also genuine but the Hitler story with it should be ignored. Good luck researching your excellent ring! William
    William

?

William thanks for the advise, i didn't had any time yet to look into its history, its only 2 days in my possesion.
    About your advise to let it be "appraised by a high reputed authority" that also crossed my mind, and after you mentioning it now i will do that after i have the paper work done.
    I have a close friend who lives in Frankfurt so i will ask him to do a little research, whats are friend for He?
    I dont believe the story about it being awarded to Hitler either, after a quick search i came to the same conclusion as you did
    The ring itself is a real beauty as you stated.

?

It is indeed a beautiful ring and obviously jeweller constructed, but i would definately require a full provenance on this item, BEFORE purchase and have all documentation in hand, there is one particular area that would concern me, but there could be a number of explanations , I see that the ring is completely clean inside and out, even the internal areas of the inscription are totally devoid of any type of dirt or age, this maybe that the ring has never been worn, it has been stored in a completely dirt free environment, it has been professionally cleaned recently by chemical treatment, or the ring is a newly constructed piece, after all this time I would expect to see some form of tarnish, even gold will lose some lustre after a long period of non wearing but this piece is pristine and I for one would like to investigate why before purchase, I truly hope that for your sake this ring is the real deal and you can find all possible information on it to prove its authenticity, it would be my absolute priority before any more time elapses, just in case a refund is needed

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    It is indeed a beautiful ring and obviously jeweller constructed, I see that the ring is completely clean inside and out, even the internal areas of the inscription are totally devoid of any type of dirt or age, this maybe that the ring has never been worn, it has been stored in a completely dirt free environment, it has been professionally cleaned recently by chemical treatment, or the ring is a newly constructed piece, after all this time I would expect to see some form of tarnish, even gold will lose some lustre after a long period of non wearing but this piece is pristine and I for one would like to investigate why before purchase, I truly hope that for your sake this ring is the real deal and you can find all possible information on it to prove its authenticity, it would be my absolute priority before any more time elapses, just in case a refund is needed
    I have found golden objects of 200-300 years old with my metal detector, rings etc..i now for sure they are old and not worn in 200 years and still they shine like they are made yesterday without any cleaning.
    I can say nothing about the way its being stored or if it was cleaned.
    That info i did not have.

?

Gerrit, I used to deal with jewellers every day, and have seen how rings were brought in by customers for cleaning and the results that can be obtained as well as other jewellery, im not saying theres no possibility of this ring being the real deal, im advising caution and through my own dealings with the jewellery trade, passing that on, as for finding gold in the ground you must admit when found its dirty , wash the dirt off its shiney, but there will still be a tarnish because of the age, if you were to take those items to be cleaned you would see a very different gleam, i hope you are able to get the documents and certify your ring, regards Dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast