Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz ring??

Article about: Anybody know if this is First World War or Second or even if it might be real or not or rare?

Default Eisernes Kreuz ring??

Anybody know if this is First World War or Second or even if it might be real or not or rare?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2061.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	449293   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2062.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	449301  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2063.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	449303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2064.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	235.6 KB 
ID:	449304  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2065.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	209.9 KB 
ID:	449306  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz ring??

I don't think it's official issue of any kind, but it might be a private purchase or a canteen bought item. Pretty poor quality though as you can see casting marks on it.
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Pass on it, as it is bad. The quality is dreadful.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks guys, what are the most sought after rings connected to the Third Reich?

The SS Honour Ring is the No1 item I would say, followed by anything else with a deathshead on it. Afrikakorps rings are very popular too.

Rings are a real minefield, repros outnumber originals going by what I see for sale.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As said, the ring is a modern cast fake and worthless. The most sought after TR rings are, of course, the SS Honor Rings, but they begin at about $5,000 and can easily run over $10,000US. If you are ring hunting, a word of caution-approximately 95% of the rings you will come across today for sale are modern aged fakes made in the Eastern European area. The market is literally flooded with them and is being ruined by these for collectors today. If you are seriously searching, your best bet is to keep an eye on the battlefield diggers sites and concentrate on what they find. That, or find a bullet proof provenanced Veteran bring back piece, but these are a mine field also to deal with, as you are basically buying the story on faith alone.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I do not like the ring either. Very bad quality. It is casted, not strucked ring. Silver mark is outside of the ring band...