Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Frankreich Luftwaffe ring Authentic?

Article about: Looking at purchasing this awesome ring. Looks good to me. Seeking info on it. Its obviously part of Afrika but has Luftwaffe symbol on it. Value would help too. I always get opinions here f

Default Frankreich Luftwaffe ring Authentic?

Looking at purchasing this awesome ring. Looks good to me. Seeking info on it. Its obviously part of Afrika but has Luftwaffe symbol on it. Value would help too. I always get opinions here first.Frankreich Luftwaffe ring Authentic?Frankreich Luftwaffe ring Authentic?Frankreich Luftwaffe ring Authentic?Frankreich Luftwaffe ring Authentic?Frankreich Luftwaffe ring Authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frankreich Luftwaffe ring Authentic?
    P
    Many

I am cautiously inclined to believe this is a good one as this design is a new one for me...The interior states "Handarbeit"-Handmade...The wear appears honest to my eyes...I notice the 1945 date, don't quite know what to make of that...Just my opinion, of course!
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-20-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Not saying it's a good one, but i've not seen a fake of this style!...

I'm not liking the details on the eagle a whole lot. It's,otherwise, a fairly well made ring and in a design that is different from the usual fakers trash. I don't believe, though, that it's a wartime era ring, from the 1945 date on the face of it. Going by the various country names on it's sides, I would have to wonder if this could,perhaps, be a Veterans type of ring.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looking at it, he got around a bit...France to I assume Africa, then Italy and ending up in Germany in 1945 perhaps? I Like the look of it, but wonder if it's been "embellished" at possibly a later date?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

a lot of wear to the eagle.

?

Never have seen an exact same ring.
    But i have seen Fantasy-pieces with similar eagle.
    "Handarbeit" is "handmade" - thats no handmade piece.
    Better pics of the outside "engravings" would be interesting-i would bet they are cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I thought that, perhaps, the "handarbeit" referred to the application of the country names, as they look different from the inner markings themselves, but it's difficult to tell if the names are made into the ring design itself or added afterwards. Either way, the head of the eagle is Very cartoony in appearance and makes the whole piece questionable. It certainly is not a high quality ring. It's either a cheap Veterans ring or else a brand new fake design coming on to the market, would be my opinion, but I cannot imagine anyone in 1945 Germany ordering and commissioning a ring such as this one before the war was over.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

At first I have to say that I do not like that ring... But Ia also have to say that I have not ever seen similar ring and the technology seems to be OK. It is not a casted ring but made of 2 different parts - the ring band and the piece with eagle.

What I do not like are the engravings and the enamel quality. But it is just my opinion. If it is a copy, it is a well made one.