Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help.... is this a fake SS ring from Konigsberg bunker

Article about: Bought this from person who lives in Ukraine. His grandfather fought in war and got this from battle of Konigsberg. Anyone have history of this ring. Supposedly from high ranking officer in

Default Help.... is this a fake SS ring from Konigsberg bunker

Bought this from person who lives in Ukraine. His grandfather fought in war and got this from battle of Konigsberg. Anyone have history of this ring. Supposedly from high ranking officer in SSHelp.... is this a fake SS ring from Konigsberg bunker
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help.... is this a fake SS ring from Konigsberg bunker   Help.... is this a fake SS ring from Konigsberg bunker  

Help.... is this a fake SS ring from Konigsberg bunker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help.... is this a fake SS ring from Konigsberg bunker
    P
    Many

That’s well-known postwar dud I‘m afraid. Battle of Konigsburg indeed!

Welcome to the forum.

thanks for your reply.... so none of this style are authentic?

Quote by rrbryant7 View Post
    thanks for your reply.... so none of this style are authentic?
    None whatsoever. Not a chance.

I am far from being an expert on the Ehrenring and they are heavily faked. However, this is a postwar fantasy piece that is vaguely modelled on the SS Ehrenring to which it bears only a very slight resemblance. VERY slight.

I recommend that you have a look through the many posts on SS Honour Rings on this forum. There are several fine examples of the real thing and you will see straight away that the specimen you posted is a cheaply made fake.

The shape is wrong. SS Honour Rings were flat in side profile; they did not widen from the back of the ring towards the skull. They were also considerably better made than this thing. Also, the runes on the inside are a dead giveaway. Total phony. I hope you didn't spend a lot of money on it. I would demand a refund, personally.

Cheers,

Stephen

Thanks again for your input! I know this isnt a SS Honor ring. I thought this might of been another ring officers would wear??? So i guess you have seen this fake ring before?? Thanks again for your replies!!!!

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    None whatsoever. Not a chance.

I am far from being an expert on the Ehrenring and they are heavily faked. However, this is a postwar fantasy piece that is vaguely modelled on the SS Ehrenring to which it bears only a very slight resemblance. VERY slight.

I recommend that you have a look through the many posts on SS Honour Rings on this forum. There are several fine examples of the real thing and you will see straight away that the specimen you posted is a cheaply made fake.

The shape is wrong. SS Honour Rings were flat in side profile; they did not widen from the back of the ring towards the skull. They were also considerably better made than this thing. Also, the runes on the inside are a dead giveaway. Total phony. I hope you didn't spend a lot of money on it. I would demand a refund, personally.

Cheers,

Stephen
    I have to agree with Stephen.
    This one likely comes from Poland, post war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)