Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with NSDAP Ring. Fake or Not?

Article about: Hmmm both very valid points. I think I will take your advice on it too. Thank you for all the help guys, I can see that this is a great forum and I will be sticking around for some time.

monkmanww2
    ?

Default Help with NSDAP Ring. Fake or Not?

So I am thinking of getting this ring I have pics, I am new to collecting and cannot tell if this is a fake. Maybe someone here at this great forum can help me. The person selling it claims it is 100% authentic but I am not so sure. SO any help is appreciated.

2. # ADS

Thumbs down Re: Help with NSDAP Ring. Fake or Not?

I find that RZM mark highly suspicious. I'am interested in what the others will have to say about this. Personally I would save my money and start looking for something else...

Greetz

Nick VR

monkmanww2
    ?

Default Re: Help with NSDAP Ring. Fake or Not?

Thank you for the swift reply, I am also interested in what others have to say. I am new and trying to learn all I can.

My experience so far is in buying stamps and coins, so as you can see this is a big jump for me. lol

EDIT:
    Can anyone also help by pointing me in the direction of any books or sites that are used in helping to identify real WW2 items...Besides this great site :P Thank you

this ring come from LATVIA? i see many of this ring for sale from Latvia , the same of your , some with the diff color! go to Ebay i am sure you find the same ring From Latvia

monkmanww2
    ?

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    this ring come from LATVIA? i see many of this ring for sale from Latvia , the same of your , some with the diff color! go to Ebay i am sure you find the same ring From Latvia
    LOL yup seller is from Latvia. Does this then mean it is a fake, or rather a reproduction?

yes ! for sure a fake !

Another example from Latvia : German WW II Silver Panzer Officer's Ring
    and the seller write : Civil War Original or Replica: Original
    ONLY US $49.99

German WW II Silver Panzer Officer's Ring on eBay.ca (item 260449084290 end time 25-Jul-09 15:17:47 EDT)

monkmanww2
    ?

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    yes ! for sure a fake !
    I thought so, after all the old saying "if it is to good to be true then it probably is". Seller was selling it for $50.00 USD. Still maybe I will buy it. Seems to be a good Reproduction and I can only imagine what a 100% authentic ring of this type would sell for. Anyone know?

?

Quote by monkmanww2 View Post
    I thought so, after all the old saying "if it is to good to be true then it probably is". Seller was selling it for $50.00 USD. Still maybe I will buy it. Seems to be a good Reproduction and I can only imagine what a 100% authentic ring of this type would sell for. Anyone know?
    I believe I would save my money for real artifacts.

My advice would be to never purchase a fake item as they have no place in a serious collection. I would not even start down that road because before you know it, you will have a bunch of fillers that amount to nothing from a historical perspective, and if you add up all of the money you spent on them, you could have a nice small collection of period items.

This is just my opinion but I would rather have an incomplete collection of genuine pieces any day than a "complete" collection filled with fakes. the only reason I could think of to buyt a fake TR ring would be to wear it daily...but then who would really want to do that?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast