MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

help with westwall ring construction please

Article about: Hello all! I had previously posted some pics of a west front ring I was looking to purchase. The ring is obviously brass, and is stamped "goldin" on the shank. The seller insists t

Default help with westwall ring construction please

Hello all! I had previously posted some pics of a west front ring I was looking to purchase. The ring is obviously brass, and is stamped "goldin" on the shank. The seller insists that it has been twice tested by a jeweler to be between 7 to 9 karat gold. Can anyone tell me what kind of alloy goldin is and whether any gold would be present? I can't believe they would make a cheap kantine ring from gold pf any sort. Thanks on advance...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with westwall ring construction please
    P
    Many

could be a plated one.

?

Quote by DAK1941 View Post
    Hello all! I had previously posted some pics of a west front ring I was looking to purchase. The ring is obviously brass, and is stamped "goldin" on the shank. The seller insists that it has been twice tested by a jeweler to be between 7 to 9 karat gold. Can anyone tell me what kind of alloy goldin is and whether any gold would be present? I can't believe they would make a cheap kantine ring from gold pf any sort. Thanks on advance...
    "GOLDIN" is an alloy close to Alpacca/Neusilber/....only with more parts of copper, so it has a real golden colour.
    The name "GOLDIN" isn`t used any more in this times, but the material. Most to make musical instruments - here we say too "Trompeten-Gold" (trumpet gold).
    I would bet your ring was plated with real gold in the later times....Harry seems to be on the right direction