Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying an old ring. possibly from WW2

Article about: Hi there, I am trying to find out more about an old ring I found hidden in an attic of a house I am restoring in the North of Norway. The house was occupied by German and Norwegian Nazis dur

?

Default Identifying an old ring. possibly from WW2

Hi there,
    I am trying to find out more about an old ring I found hidden in an attic of a house I am restoring in the North of Norway.

The house was occupied by German and Norwegian Nazis during the war, and I have found some other nazi propaganda etc. in the house. I therefore suspect that this could be related to same.

The hallmark state 830S AS , or something like that.

The ring itself can be seen on the following 2 pictures:

Any help is appreciated.

Reg.
    Gøran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying an old ring. possibly from WW2
    P
    Many

Default Re: Identifying an old ring. possibly from WW2

Skull rings such as these were quite popular among all German Military Personnel, congratulations on finding a nice one in 830 Alt Silber (AS)...I would keep the ring and the propaganda material together as a grouping, enhancing the value of the find...Cheers, Glenn

?

Ahhh.... so the AS stand for Alt Silber. I wondered about that.....

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I will for sure keep the stuff together, and probably lend this to the local museum close to where I found this. It is all a part of the history of the town and the more I know about it the better.

Again, thanks alot.

Gøran

?

I will for sure keep the stuff together, and probably lend this to the local museum close to where I found this. It is all a part of the history of the town and the more I know about it the better.

Fantastic. Well done! Somebody who appreciates and understands what they have. Refreshing indeed.

Now if some others posting here with their "how much is it worth" posts would take note.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Nice ring. If 'AS' does indicate 'Alt Silber' it should be toned, but it looks
    as though this one has been heavily cleaned and polished.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

When I found the ring it was all "black" after all the years, so we cleaned it to get a better look at it....... (I sense that wasn't such a clever thing to do, or......)

Anyway, now it is nice and shiny, but it still looks well worn and a little bit matte in the finish.

Reg.
    Gøran

It is always wise to gather advice and information before cleaning any artifact. Good intentions have ruined many historical items over the years.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It's not a good idea to polish such items...but the deed is done, thanks for sharing your discovery...Glenn

?

Well, at least I know better going forward.