Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just Another Skull Ring

Article about: Here is a recent addition to my collection. I do not really collect rings per say, but felt that this one would fit nicely into my panzer collection. I feel that it would be an example that

Default Just Another Skull Ring

Here is a recent addition to my collection. I do not really collect rings per say, but felt that this one would fit nicely into my panzer collection. I feel that it would be an example that a panzer crew man would likely aquire to wear.
    This example is well worn and appears that it may have had red stones set in the eye sockets at some point in time.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just Another Skull Ring   Just Another Skull Ring  

Just Another Skull Ring   Just Another Skull Ring  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just Another Skull Ring
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just Another Skull Ring

Really nice looking ring. Anxious to hear from others with knowledge.

?

Well known wwII pattern.
    There are at least 3 variants.
    This one. Content mark arised at the back of the skull. And two other variants.
    One about same skullsize as this one and a variant with a smaller skull. Both have the
    content mark stamped inside the band.

This one here is a nice one!
    Congrats!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just Another Skull Ring  

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Really nice looking ring. Anxious to hear from others with knowledge.
    Thank you!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by odal View Post
    Well known wwII pattern.
    There are at least 3 variants.
    This one. Content mark arised at the back of the skull. And two other variants.
    One about same skullsize as this one and a variant with a smaller skull. Both have the
    content mark stamped inside the band.

This one here is a nice one!
    Congrats!
    Thank you odal!
    Do you think these marks indicate that there were once stones set in the eye sockets?
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just Another Skull Ring  

Yes, those are stone mount marks. But not just red. I've seen clear "diamond" stones and green ones as well. The little skull rings were and or, to some extent, enormously popular.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Yes, those are stone mount marks. But not just red. I've seen clear "diamond" stones and green ones as well. The little skull rings were and or, to some extent, enormously popular.
    Thanks William!
    That was my impression as well.
    Ralph.

?

I like it a lot Ralph. I Still haven't picked one up myself. I especially like how it shows wear too

Quote by Bill T View Post
    I like it a lot Ralph. I Still haven't picked one up myself. I especially like how it shows wear too
    Thanks Bill!
    I have seen quite a few of these go by and this one is the first that I felt would fit into my collection.
    The price didn't hurt either.
    Ralph.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Do you think these marks indicate that there were once stones set in the eye sockets?
    Ralph.
    Yes, typical stone-crimps as usual in this times - i complete agree with Wagriff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast