Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Just another SS ring...

Article about: Hey, I was hoping someone could tell me if this thing is fake or?.... I'm guessing it's silver, as it feels that way and it's not magnetic.

I hope it make's some people feel good to be uncivil,Instead they should welcome people's question's without malice...Just inform.EVERYBODY make's a mistake here or there and still do even if they are"expert's".Alot of people on this fourm feel the need to humiliate so i hope it make's you feel better.Happy Hunting ALL!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just another SS ring...
    P
    Many

Fail

I read no humiliating or uncivil posts in this thread.
    Though what is being said, is that we may likely
    never hear from the OP'er again. So far,
    Ned is correct.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I read no humiliating or uncivil posts in this thread.
    Though what is being said, is that we may likely
    never hear from the OP'er again. So far,
    Ned is correct.........
    Ok,Maybe not THIS thread...I meant the ring sub section in general.Alot of bashing&image posting(not related to OP )happen's and in MY opinion that is just uncivil and i'm sure at time's humilating thus potential "Club Member's" do not become club member's...I have not become one YET,Since 2011 i've been around but some of this i speak of is the reason of NOT becomming one yet.I thought that this site was to be informative which it is,Very!!! But...at times to ME some member's are trying to be something they are not,Hence "I hope it make's you feel better" Thank You for your opinion,Sincerely...HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!

Quote by derwood58 View Post
    Ok,Maybe not THIS thread...I meant the ring sub section in general.Alot of bashing&image posting(not related to OP )happen's and in MY opinion that is just uncivil and i'm sure at time's humilating thus potential "Club Member's" do not become club member's...I have not become one YET,Since 2011 i've been around but some of this i speak of is the reason of NOT becomming one yet.I thought that this site was to be informative which it is,Very!!! But...at times to ME some member's are trying to be something they are not,Hence "I hope it make's you feel better" Thank You for your opinion,Sincerely...HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!
    How remarkably odd.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Considering nearly 90% of the many threads you've created here begin with the word, "HELP" (and you received plenty of free advice) it would be "civil" of you to final after all these years repay this community and become a paying member; not trying to be rude, I'm just saying.

I thought that this site was to be informative
    Yes, it is.

But most of all, it is meant to be a community of members sharing a common interest and engaged partially in social interaction, but mostly in a mutual exchange of information, help and assistance; the key word being "mutual" here.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help or information in one's first post, of course, but we have seen too many new "members" doing just that and then, after getting what they needed, vanishing again without a trace and often even without a simple "thank you".
    Likewise, we have a fair share of members who are only here to receive free help without ever making any contribution to the community, either by helping others in return or by becoming club members.

I for one don't blame Ned or any others who express their distaste with this.

Rings, in particular, are an unusual field of the collecting hobby. For unknown reasons, alot of people seem to take extreme pride in owning them and are furious when the ring they've found and paid good money for and have treasured like a gem is pronounced to be spurious. They go absolutely into denial and cite the most unbelievable reasons as to Why they still think it's authentic. And, speaking of such, this is another odd aspect of TR ring collecting. In a great many times, when a ring is fake, it is F A K E! Some try to blend in and age them, etc, but so many of them are just Absurdly and Poorly designed and never existed in real life in the 1st place. It is, admittedly, appalling and perversely abit amusing as well, to see some of the ridiculous designs that have come out, and to have some one smugly and proudly displaying their miraculously rare acquisition only to see that it's a skull with Mickey Mouse ears on it and the words "Ride to Live" stamped inside-what should be Screaming Fake and Obvious, to ask "Is it Real?" just boggles the sensible person's mind sometimes.
    As I said, collecting TR jewelry is a field totally unlike badges, cuff titles, caps, etc. Nobody makes neon pink SS Cuff titles and sells them to unsuspecting people for big money, but, unfortunately, they Do almost exactly that with Rings. I think that nearly 3/4's of the rings inquired about here are glaringly obvious and it's inexplicable why they are being accepted as "Maybe Genuine" when a 5 minute scan around the internet will Scream fake at them. This is the reason that you see so many incredulous reactions to ludicrously fake rings being given here. And, just as true, are the serious responses given to the ones that someone has made a Determined effort to produce a high priced and high quality but fake ring. These rings are treated with the utmost seriousness to warn off the others that there Are ways to tell a bad one from the good. Some of the rings posted are of the Goofiest, most Silliest, designs and then there some that are so Damned well made and Good that even the seasoned experts and collectors have to debate them. No one is saying that ring collectors are all irreverent and rude, but simply use some Common Sense and do a simple Search for 5 minutes before you post a plastic flaming skull with snakes in the eyes and devils horn's and ask "Is this Real?"
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yes, it is.

But most of all, it is meant to be a community of members sharing a common interest and engaged partially in social interaction, but mostly in a mutual exchange of information, help and assistance; the key word being "mutual" here.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help or information in one's first post, of course, but we have seen too many new "members" doing just that and then, after getting what they needed, vanishing again without a trace and often even without a simple "thank you".
    Likewise, we have a fair share of members who are only here to receive free help without ever making any contribution to the community, either by helping others in return or by becoming club members.

I for one don't blame Ned or any others who express their distaste with this.
    I personally did NOT mention any name's nor would i...I agree with what you say and that is part of my PERSONAL reason's(my latest "post")i struggle with being a member,I have given advice when i could.Thank You for your input,Decent people like you will make my decesion easier..I know it's been a long time.Hey i'll donate some cash,reference books whatever,let me know! but still not ready for true membership.TON'S of GREAT info. here!!! Again Thank you for your input.Sincerely.HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!

I think what Derwood is saying is just treat All that post with class and dignity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast