Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real?

Article about: hi there just wondering if this one i should purchase if its real or fake?...been looking hard at buying my first third reich ring. any help would be great! cheers

Default l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real?

hi there
    just wondering if this one i should purchase if its real or fake?...been looking hard at buying my first third reich ring. any help would be great!
    cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real?  l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real?  l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real?  l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real?
    P
    Many

I would avoid this one. Whatever value it might have had has been lost by some idiot trying to pry the gold face off of it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks! but its real you think? i see the damage to the front...what you think of its value? thanks again wagriff

?

Looks for me like a fine period one.
    The mostly common pattern of DAK rings.

And i don`t think that someone has tried to take of the goldplate.
    I think more this is the result of heavy wearing. Sometimes this plates are not perfect joint to the ring.

Worth?
    Hard to say, but if you want this pattern i would wait for one in better condition. You will find it soon they are around.

thanks odal!
    I will keep looking and hopefully find one soon
    cheers!

I agree-it looks to be an authentic to the era piece. In the condition it's in, unfortunately the value would not be all that high-probably in the $50 range or so. A shame, as I like the decorations on it-very nice palm trees! Just keep up the hunt! When the right piece comes along, you'll be glad that you waited!
    William

I see Bill Kramer posted a decent looking ring for sale-check it out!
    German/Italian Axis pact Fascist Axis unification ring
    William

?

nice looking one

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I see Bill Kramer posted a decent looking ring for sale-check it out!
    German/Italian Axis pact Fascist Axis unification ring
    Nice one! I also have an Axis Of Steel ring that incorporates the swastika and fasces. I got this a while back, along with a ring with Mussolini's profile. They're both made of plated brass. Doesn't look like silver though and there's no hallmark.

Apologies for the crappy photos...

l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real? l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real?

Thought you might enjoy seeing this ring too. It's of similar design to the one posted by goodtimes. It was brought back from North Africa by a soldier who served in the Royal Artillery.

Definitely no gold or silver in this brute. It looks hand carved from an old piece of metal. I believe that these rings were common and fashioned by local craftsmen for DAK troops.

The gentleman in the photo, named Kurt Cartsen, was the proud owner. Nice coat!

l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real? l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real?
    l Silver and Gold Afrika Korps Ring....fake or real?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast