Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Ace of Spades ring

Article about: Hello everyone. I am MrFrank. I am a new collector and new on this forum. I have recently purchased this Luftwaffe ring. It was sold to me as a Jagdgeschwader 53 - "Pik As" (Ace of

Default Luftwaffe Ace of Spades ring

Hello everyone.
    I am MrFrank.
    I am a new collector and new on this forum.
    I have recently purchased this Luftwaffe ring.
    It was sold to me as a Jagdgeschwader 53 - "Pik As" (Ace of Spades) Geschwader, pilots ring.

I was informed that it was tested by a German Jeweler and was found to be made of Silver but there is no Silver mark.
    There are no maker marks at all, as far as I can see.

It is a size US 7 ring, so I can not even fit it on my pinky finger.

Please let me know if this ring is original to the WW2 Nazi German period.

I would appreciate some expert opinions because if it is original, then I understand that this ring is fairly rare.

Thanks.

MrFrank
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Ace of Spades ring  Luftwaffe Ace of Spades ring  Luftwaffe Ace of Spades ring  Luftwaffe Ace of Spades ring 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Ace of Spades ring
    P
    Many

Well, it can be military related ring but very easily also just a ordinary civil ring.

Quote by ostfrontmilitaria View Post
    Well, it can be military related ring but very easily also just a ordinary civil ring.
    I agree. While there is an ace of spades on the ring, and that was indeed the logo of JG53, it is a popular symbol for other groups and individuals too. I would not buy the story that it's a Luftwaffe ring without more evidence. Size 7 is very small so it might be for a woman.

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    I agree. While there is an ace of spades on the ring, and that was indeed the logo of JG53, it is a popular symbol for other groups and individuals too. I would not buy the story that it's a Luftwaffe ring without more evidence. Size 7 is very small so it might be for a woman.
    Thanks to ostfrontmilitaria and SpitfireVb for your replies.

Could either of you please let me know if the construction technique used in this ring at least appears to be period correct for WW2 Germany ?

MrFrank

If no one is certain that this ring is fake, or not from the WW2 time period, then I will keep it.

Thanks again for all your help.

MrFrank

It can easily be from the pre 1945 period. Someone has made the ring smaller.

Quote by ostfrontmilitaria View Post
    It can easily be from the pre 1945 period. Someone has made the ring smaller.
    Thank you ostfrontmilitaria, for letting me know that there is a chance this ring could be original to the WW2 period.

MrFrank