Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luftwaffe ring

Article about: Hi, a friend of mine purchased this ring, he is convinced it's the real deal and paid a hefty sum for it... Someone have any idea about the origin of this ring ? Thanks in advance

Would be nice to see these original photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe ring
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Well lets see them .

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Would be nice to see these original photos.
    As told in my first post in this thread. In this case i agree. At least one maybe period pic of this ring pattern exist.
    Here a link to the gi website:
    Antique Collectibles from the Luftwaffe

The 'story' told on that GI website about they come to have so many genuine, original rings at cheap prices is a hoot! 'Hoard find' under a chicken coop is hilarious!

Gold plated silver with a Sodalite stone and no wear apparent whatsoever.....like I said earlier, IF this is genuine, it is likely a post-war produced piece. The Sodalite stone makes it questionable,however...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It's something I would not want till further evidence can be shown . Like period adverts .

CBH
    ?

I'll never understand this Nazi Bling collecting , look a ring with a swastika OH Boy it must be Real . Yes a real ring in the sense it goes on a finger . This junk is too easy to fake , and with no regulation of originals who can tell if it was cast in 1944 or 2004 . There is only one true Nazi ring , and thats the SS honour ring , everything else is Bling .

Quote by odal View Post
    As told in my first post in this thread. In this case i agree. At least one maybe period pic of this ring pattern exist.
    Here a link to the gi website:
    Antique Collectibles from the Luftwaffe
    Years ago, I bought a pair of fake SA tabs from this site to study the construction. I knew they were fake but the investment was small. Within a week, I was sent pictures of at least a dozen very rare but fake SA tabs. The story was they were found in the storage of an old theater. The stories just become more ridiculous as time goes on.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

///
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe ring  

Agreed-the Design of the original posted ring is an existing one, and I have seen more than a few of them. But, the stone is always Black Onyx and the ring material is always Silver. If it was custom order made, why not simply make it of solid gold rather than a soon to wear through plating of it over silver? And, I have never yet seen a period ring with Blue Sodalite for a stone and gold plating over the silver. Also, the stone is bezel mounted-which would be fine but for the fact that the bezel is sloppy and distorted to the point where you can see Light around it when seen from beneath. This stone would quickly be lost with such workmanship. This is a very questionable ring and the fact that it is endorsed by "triggerself"-a blatant and open seller of fakes further discredits it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast