Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Ring - Opinions?

Article about: Hello all, What's everyone's opinion on this ring? I've had a good look on this forum and others and I can't seem to find anything remotely similar, even though this type of ring did exist.

?

Thumbs up Luftwaffe Ring - Opinions?

Hello all, What's everyone's opinion on this ring? I've had a good look on this forum and others and I can't seem to find anything remotely similar, even though this type of ring did exist. Does anyone have any info on this design of ring? Were they simply canteen rings bought by Luftwaffe personnel of corresponding rank? or were they something more? The detailing on the shoulders looks a bit 'soft' to me, maybe this is due to wear and tear or maybe another reason (ground-dug etc.)? All opinions welcomed! Kind Regards, skip01.

Luftwaffe Ring - Opinions?Luftwaffe Ring - Opinions?Luftwaffe Ring - Opinions?Luftwaffe Ring - Opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Ring - Opinions?
    P
    Many

?

Backsite shot possible?

Yes, rank-rings in different colours of the airforce.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Ring - Opinions?  

?

Nice ring, odal Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the backside.

?

Mmmmh.
    Backsite should be flat. Band maybe a Little thinner as shown on your pics, but maybe this are the pics.
    I have seen them in yellow, red and black and i am sure the other colours exist.

FWIW, I like it.

It's genuine-fairly common and unlikely to be faked. As said, it's a Luftwaffe rank symbol ring, one available at most PX's in most larger air bases and facilities. They could be purchased relatively cheaply-depending on the material it's made of. Some were solid silver and some were plated with silver as this one looks to be. A decent but not rare ring type.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks ok to me too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for the info, Wagriff Also, thanks for everyone's expertise and quick replies! Cheers, skip01

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's genuine-fairly common and unlikely to be faked. As said, it's a Luftwaffe rank symbol ring, one available at most PX's in most larger air bases and facilities. They could be purchased relatively cheaply-depending on the material it's made of. Some were solid silver and some were plated with silver as this one looks to be. A decent but not rare ring type.
    Sorry William!
    In one point i will disagree.
    These rings are faked. Or what is you opinion about that one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Ring - Opinions?  

They're not a high end price tag ring, so they are not as Extensively faked, I should have said, but today, they fake everything Third Reich-including toilet paper. The ring posted, though, is said to be a dug ring and I can see no reason to think that it isn't or that it isn't perfectly fine and authentic.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast