Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Mar 7, '36 tk ring

Article about: Wag and low - nothing strange about it, actually. I now have boyle's c.o.a. Dw by lowboy no comments?

?

Default Re: Mar 7, '36 tk ring

Wag and low -

nothing strange about it, actually. I now have boyle's c.o.a.

Dw

Quote by lowboy View Post
    no comments?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mar 7, '36  tk ring
    P
    Many

Hi David, I think if you Don Boyle's blessing on it you have a winner. Congrats!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That's much better than an "Internet maybe" congrats to you!!!

?

thank you.

?

Was Don able to explain any of the concerns brought up ? Just curious. And btw there is a ring with similar inner scratches on whitmans site.

?

thanks.

he said it was

a) resized, with two distinct and expert joins; and

b) ground dug and perhaps in bad soil and/or near possibly other contaminants (body fluids, chemicals etc.) which accounts for the minute 'casting bubbles' and slight darkening inside.

his comments are on the official 'thumb's up' form, of course.

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    Was Don able to explain any of the concerns brought up ? Just curious. And btw there is a ring with similar inner scratches on whitmans site.

?

Thanks for responding... Have you done more reasearch on the owner?

Quote by vady View Post
    thanks.

he said it was

a) resized, with two distinct and expert joins; and

b) ground dug and perhaps in bad soil and/or near possibly other contaminants (body fluids, chemicals etc.) which accounts for the minute 'casting bubbles' and slight darkening inside.

his comments are on the official 'thumb's up' form, of course.
    David, Good to see this thing is finally authenticated properly. Any chance to see the C.O.A.? A couple of odd questions-did SS-Untertsurmfuhrer Ewald Reischenbeck survive the war? Have you ever checked further? Also, you said that Don Boyle says the ring is a ground dug? You told us:
    "carried back by the dad of the man I got it from - a sgt. in a 1/2-track co. who w/his men stopped at a cafe in france (when isn't known) and 'dad' spotted the ring being worn by fellow at an adjoining table, told him he knew he was an ss offcr. and made him an offer: 'surrender your ring and papers and come with me or I'll tell the locals who you are. ...' make of this what you will"
    Any clue as to how it could be both ground dug and taken from the owners hand? Strange, hey? Even if it was a grave dug ring, the acquisition story doesn't make sense. At any rate, it's still not one that I would want in my collection- there's just too much about it that I don't feel good about. For example, I still can't envision how the palm side rune could be so heavily worn and the 2 runes that rub on the fingers be so pristine. But it doesn't matter anyway, as this is my last post on this ring. I never intended to get into a long drawn out debate on this piece. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

thanks wag. I guess then the orig. story told me 2nd-hand & maybe unintentionally falsely by the son was BS. lots less dramatic - and less logical, face it - than his dad, telling people, say, that he found the ring after reischenbeck chucked it somewhere.

after all, it's FACT that his bro wilhelm was convicted of crimes connected with the evac of auschwitz and 'guilt by association' for ss stbaf. ewald would not have been welcome. it was already deemed very bad form by the allies to have been in the ss in any capacity.

think of the numbers of rings that must lay in riverbeds and woods to this day....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5