Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

My alpaca skull ring

Article about: With all the ruckus going on with regards to this subject at the moment I was inspired to take some shots of my only example and post it up. Ground dug, I have no reason to doubt it --- to m

Default My alpaca skull ring

With all the ruckus going on with regards to this subject at the moment I was inspired to take some shots of my only example and post it up.

Ground dug, I have no reason to doubt it --- to me everything checks out, would be nice to learn some more about this type though. I think it's possibly alpaca..?

Hope you like it.

My alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ringMy alpaca skull ring
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My alpaca skull ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My alpaca skull ring
    P
    Many

Looks fine to me!

Typical degradation of a pot metal construction ring with remnants of silver plating over a non-cast body. A nice and period ring IMO.

Any markings inside the band?

Thanks, Glenn --- No markings inside the band as far as I can see. This one's yet another Karelia sourced item btw. Does this style have a particular name in the collecting world?

still learning but i believe these are called the "Gorilla head" variation , is it marked alpaca ?

?

Looks for me like a nice one.
    But i think more its a kind of brass or bronce alloy.
    Alpacca/german silver/nickel silver usual doesn`t get as dark as this ring is.

The metal is similar in colour to my 'GOLDIN' material rings which is a copper alloy giving a gold-like colour but when corroded become dark like this.

My alpaca skull ring
    My alpaca skull ring
    My alpaca skull ring