Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My Ring Collection So far

Article about: Hi guys just sharing a group photo of my rings. 3 skull canteen rings in the first row, one silver Krim ring with the initials of the owner and 2 WWI rings. All of them are made of silver ex

Default My Ring Collection So far

Hi guys just sharing a group photo of my rings.
    3 skull canteen rings in the first row, one silver Krim ring with the initials of the owner and 2 WWI rings.
    All of them are made of silver except the one on the right, back row which is made of aluminium.
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Ring Collection So far   My Ring Collection So far  

My Ring Collection So far   My Ring Collection So far  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Ring Collection So far
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Ring Collection So far

Very nice collection! I personally like the aluminium ring as it is a trench art ring.

Very nice rings, I really like the Krim ring, something I have meant to buy for myself for a while.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Very nice collection! I personally like the aluminium ring as it is a trench art ring.
    Hi guys. If i am not mistaken the aluminum is a patriot ring sold to civilians during WWI.

?

Interesting 'Vaterland' ring as well. Thanks for posting.

?

Nice collection.

Thanks guys

Great rings chris.amazing.will you wear some one?

A very nice lot-are all the skulls silver and/or maker marked inside? A word of caution, though, concerning the Vaterland Danks 1914 rings. They were indeed, very popular with the German civilians during WWI, but now, I am suddenly seeing Many of them on the market. Previously, WWI patriotics were generally ignored by the fakers, but now they have gained their attention and we're seeing Many more tricolor shields, Vaterlands, and Iron Cross rings. Poland's fakers are now attempting a comeback for their fake ring productions as well and are coming out with some very convincing pre-worn silver designs. They had earlier been unseated by the Latvian fake makers, but now, once again, there is coming onto the markets huge amounts of quite interesting looking rings from Poland.
    The safest route for collecting rings, if a person wants to begin, is to find a Trustable and true source, such as a battlefield digger, etc. and Stick with him! So Many of these newly arriving rings are Very tempting and look Good! They are getting their trade down pretty fine now, so be careful, guys! (And, yes-I, too, agree with Frundberg. The little aluminum Iron Cross ring is, almost certainly field made. They were extremely popular with the soldiers in the field to, not only, wear themselves, but were often sent back home to their women and families as well. This is why so many are found in tiny sizes!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Very nice! I like the one in front to the left, for looks the most! Good job Chris

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast