Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My TR ring -new to site

Article about: Thank you Ned for the kind words. It is an overall exceptional documented TKR. I am very frustrated with my pictures as the ring is not at all dull. The teeth have worn to the point that a m

?

Thank you Ned for the kind words. It is an overall exceptional documented TKR. I am very frustrated with my pictures as the ring is not at all dull. The teeth have worn to the point that a mag. glass is needed to see the cross cutting. The darkening of the recesses have lightened with time.The double runes on the back 1/2 shows some wear ,but not excessive . Overall it is prob. 93 plus ring,but this is my favorite as a face was placed to the ring. From reading I understand there are 8 different skull patterns to the 40 style, but I have not seen all 8 have you? Do you have other areas of German collecting that you esp. enjoy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by docf View Post
    Thank you Ned for the kind words. It is an overall exceptional documented TKR. I am very frustrated with my pictures as the ring is not at all dull. The teeth have worn to the point that a mag. glass is needed to see the cross cutting. The darkening of the recesses have lightened with time.The double runes on the back 1/2 shows some wear ,but not excessive . Overall it is prob. 93 plus ring,but this is my favorite as a face was placed to the ring. From reading I understand there are 8 different skull patterns to the 40 style, but I have not seen all 8 have you? Do you have other areas of German collecting that you esp. enjoy?
    Yeah, i've got pic's of all 8 together, they're on page 22 of Gottlieb's much derided 'The SS Totenkopf Ring' book...

I have varied tastes in awards, especially the rarer or earliest Panzerkampf Abzeichen's, also wound badges, DK's, close combat clasp's, the various Luftwaffe awards and Kreigsmarine ones to a lesser extent. What links them all for me is my interest in the manufacturing processes and how they developed, or in most cases nose dived! I have worked in the steel industry for many years and that along with other metal bashing themes and processes is what got me started in the minutae of the manufacture of various awards and the details involved with them.

I also have a passing interest in period rubber diving gear, gas protection suits, gauntlets and masks, but that's another story.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I also have a passing interest in period rubber diving gear, gas protection suits, gauntlets and masks, but that's another story.
    Can't the new guys get 5 minutes peace before you start grooming them Ned?

?

There's a word for people like Ned with his particular penchant for rubber items, but I'm too much of a gentleman to cast aspersions on a fellow member , except to say he also collects latex gloves ,the ones that extend up your arm, cows and sheep are worried when he's around, beautiful original example of a rare ring, and welcome

?

Crikey Ned what a run down, what ya do on your days off...blimey! somebody give the new guy cotton wool for his lugholes.

Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12