MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi ring silver marks?

Article about: I am looking at a ring for sale, It has an 825 silver stamp on the band, I'm used to seeing 800, 835, and 900. Anybody have any comments? Also, If it does not have a stamp, could it still be

Default Nazi ring silver marks?

I am looking at a ring for sale, It has an 825 silver stamp on the band, I'm used to seeing 800, 835, and 900. Anybody have any comments?

Also, If it does not have a stamp, could it still be a WW2 era ring? Or does this mean that it's siver plated brass? or maybe nickel?

It's so tough to find info on Nazi rings!

Allways tring to learn, THANKS!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nazi ring silver marks?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nazi ring silver marks?

It could be '925', but has been mis-identified. I'd be very leery
    of any German rings with a military connection.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I'm not seeing any piccies, they're essential to answer this question properly.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As far as pix , I don't own the ring But its on Ebay right now, under WW2 German rings . It has ruby eyes looks old and has a pic of the 825 stamp, and Its a skull ring, the bidding ends in about 4 days. I'm thinking on bidding on it, I respect your view points and opinions. If anybody cares to take a look on Ebay and let me know what they think, is it worth taking a shot at???

It's a lot to ask someone, but if you got the time to take alook at It, you know I'd be grateful!

Taking one more look at the ring its an 830 stamp and I have not seen this before, so I'm being cautious before I bid.

Thanks again!

?

Hello orangeaide
    I have just had a quick look at the rogues gallery that is WW2 German rings on Ebay. Would the item that you refer to
    be the Totenkopf silver ring supposedly found at Stalingrad being sold by Bysomemeans2013 ? You would have to ask
    yourself the question, If this item has been professionally appraised & is authentic & rare, why would the seller start the
    bidding at $1.00 & admit that they are letting it go for cheap. I do not collect rings, but the combination of private bidding,
    Ebay, & the low starting price on a supposedly rare item would certainly have me thinking twice about making any purchase.

Regards
    Brett

Orange, This exact same style of ring was discussed here about a year ago. You might want to take a look at the thread and go through the comments about it.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...ed-eyes-88047/
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

For those interested, here are some pic's of the ring in question here. I personally believe it is entirely genuine....as what it is. What it is not is a German canteen ring.

I stand by what I said in the link shown by William, it is the same Scandinavian make of ring complete with nordic symbols.

Regards, Ned.

P.S. The vendor is also selling a 'genuine' RK Oakleaf cluster MM L/21.....Starting price 99 Cents.

Edit: Sorry for miniscule, useless pic's here's the linky while it lasts!

WW2 GERMAN TOTENKOPF SILVER RING WITH RUBY EYES ORIGINAL FOUND AT STALINGRAD | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images Nazi ring silver marks?  Nazi ring silver marks?  Nazi ring silver marks?  Nazi ring silver marks? 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

You guys are amazing! That silver mark just did not look right to me. I think I'll just keep my hard earned money in my pocket and forget about that one

For tech help, there just is not anywhere else to turn but this forum.

Can't thank you enough!!!

Orangeaide