Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with identify.

Article about: Hi, Could anyone tell me something more about this ring?

Default Need help with identify.

Hi,
    Could anyone tell me something more about this ring?

Need help with identify.Need help with identify.Need help with identify.Need help with identify.
    Need help with identify.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with identify.
    P
    Many

Nice looking ring 👍 wish I could tell you about it but I'm new to this .

?

Impossible to say with this small pics.
    From ground an old pattern, older than wwII but usual in the wwII period too, maybe too a memento mori ring.
    The "Ln" was in use from 1934 up to end 30ies, beginning 40ies.
    All in all a critical pattern because very good fakes are around.
    Be careful with this one.

As Odal said, an Old pattern ring-even to be found before the Great War. It was also used up to and throughout the WWII era. Certainly, they have been known to be worn by the SS but by virtually every Other service branch as well-and including Civilians. Unfortunately, they are one of the most heavily faked rings to be found. This one looks to be ground dug and could quite likely be original, but there are a few little things that I am not quite comfortable with-such as the streaking in the inside of the band-was this from excessive cleaning? In cases like these, provenance is quite important-do you know anything of it's history?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi,
    Thanks for quick reply. I'll try to write you what i know about the ring.
    I'm form Poland and i found that ring 3 weeks ago in the ground in some plowed field. I know in that area were some combats during II WW and Great War. In that spot i found few german coins (Reich Pfenning 1940- 43) and Mauser shell (1933). I asked at other forums too and this could help:

RF is for Rudolf Flume from Berlin. He is not the maker just the retailer. Flume dealt in tools for goldsmiths and silversmiths and sold some jewellery and flatware on the side. The mark on the right hand side is the Laurin guarantee mark which does not indicate a specific German maker but just a certain level of quality in design and execution.
    I can provide better images of the ring (just tell me what kind of pictures you want exactly?) if it helps. Sorry for my english.

Your English is just fine. As for the ring, if you dug it yourself, then what more do you need to know? It's, like we said, a very old pattern of ring that was certainly produced and worn throughout the War years. A nice find, for sure! Do you collect relics or are you going to sell it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I just want to know as much as possible about the ring (about probe 835, country of manufacturer). I wonder how old it can be. I'm interesting history of my region.

Did you click on web link I searched just for you ?

Yes i did. Thanks !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast