Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New HJ LEADER RING

Article about: got this sweet ultra rare HJ leader ring! its got some good wear! but thats the way i like it. ges gesch B.V.A marked. And dug out of the ground in poland Very happy with it! one of the nice

Default New HJ LEADER RING

got this sweet ultra rare HJ leader ring!
    its got some good wear! but thats the way i like it.
    ges gesch B.V.A marked.

And dug out of the ground in poland

Very happy with it! one of the nicest looking third
    reich rings i believe.
    New HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RING
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New HJ LEADER RING  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New HJ LEADER RING
    P
    Many

?

Alpacca, silver plated.
    Wear and corrosion.
    But nothing wrong with this.
    For sure rare pattern.
    Most of them, if not all, official awarded with document.

That is a cracker, Todd. Here's another HJ Führer award ring...

New HJ LEADER RINGNew HJ LEADER RING

thanks stephen! love the look of the HJ RINGS! probably one of my favorites so far

CBH
    ?

Could anyone provide a link to more information about these HJ award rings?

Thanks you, beautiful looking ring.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Could anyone provide a link to more information about these HJ award rings?
    Thanks you, beautiful looking ring.
    Hi Chris, there isn't much information on the internet other than a bunch of fairly dodgy-looking HJ rings for sale. One on-line site has an HJ Leader's ring for sale and the description is below. I would add that I have never purchased anything from Germania International; some of the rings they are selling look suspicious to me.

'This [HJ Leader's ring] is one of the most beautiful and stylish rings of the Third Reich. This was an issue to lads who had, through their personal achievements, attained the rank of "leader." It depicts in high relief the Prussian-style eagle similar to the one featured on the flags of the H.J. The eagle clutches the sword and hammer with a very stylized swastika in a central wreath. This is a mobile swastika or Sonnenrad (sun wheel). Inside the ring are the words Ges-Gest; very unusual in an N.S. ring and only appears in the first year of issue, generally. The silver content strike is also apparent: 835-Getsch.'

Here's the link: Third Reich; Hitler Youth

I hope Odal or Wagriff will comment. They usually have useful information about Nazi ring history.

i was just going to mention that stephen. from what i read on german international. but i hope to here from gotz or william

Nothing really much to add. These rings were simply awarded to any HJ who attained the rank of "Leader", which is why so many of them are found in Small sizes. The one you have posted must have been of particular pride to it's original owner, as he apparently had it Sized to fit him as an adult! In my opinion, the award documents are Far more rarely seen than the actual rings themselves.

(Beware, as you well know, of pieces coming out of Poland. The entire country is like one huge cottage industry making fake German relics. Almost as bad as Latvia or the Ukraine. Your ring is genuine, though, so you lucked out!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

thanks william! very interesting to know its been resized for an adult...I agree 100% that eastern Europe itself is brutal for fakes! and some are quite well made fakes.
    the only reason i bought it was because of gotzs recommendation for the seller. I also like thats its got pitting. shows corrorsion and good wear.
    thanks william

CBH
    ?

I was interested in the award aspect, and rings are too much of a minefield for me.

Thanks for the information.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast