Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this SS officers ring.....

Article about: I was out for my Sunday drive and took some pics of this ring... I'm not really interested in buying this... but I thought I'd post some pics for discussion... also I might learn something..

?

Default Opinions on this SS officers ring.....

I was out for my Sunday drive and took some pics of this ring... I'm not really interested in buying this... but I thought I'd post some pics for discussion... also I might learn something..

Regards,
    Shaun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on this SS officers  ring.....   Opinions on this SS officers  ring.....  

Opinions on this SS officers  ring.....   Opinions on this SS officers  ring.....  

Opinions on this SS officers  ring.....   Opinions on this SS officers  ring.....  

Opinions on this SS officers  ring.....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this SS officers  ring.....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions on this SS officers ring.....

total fantasy item sadly. respectfully george w

Modern day manufacture. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I Know there are many fakes of these ... but I dont think its a fantasy... Ive seen this "style" ring in a book... I'm not saying this is real.. but can someone shed some light on if there is one "like" this that is real.

This is a modern fantasy design as already stated.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

First of all, this particular ring: The lightning rune stamp on the outside, the extreme poor detail of the eagle, the crooked sloppiness of the swastika, rough finished interior and just the overall poor quality of any and all details point to a very bad copy from modern times. Truthfully, in all the years I have collected such things, I have never seen an actual and genuine ring of this design. We began seeing these styles as early as the 70's and today, the Eastern Europeans are making a cottage industry of making copies-both pre-aged and not- of countless styles of SS rings(and others as well) and a Very high number of the styles seen never existed at all in real life. This is, I believe, aside from the ludicrous number of fake skull rings, one of the most commonly seen of the "SS" rings. William
    William

?

Thank you guys!! for the opinions and education,

Regards,
    Shaun.

Ohhh and just to clarify... are you telling me its not worth the $1895.00 he's asking?? lol

Well...if you move the decimal point over 3 places to the left...it might be closer-depending on how much weight of Silver it has in it(assuming it's real silver and not a plated piece...lol) William
    William

It is a fantasy ring. Be careful - there are some 2-3 more versions, all made by a same faker. PS. Good news is - they are made of silver:-P So if silver prices will keep rising it can still be a good investment.