Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?

Article about: Not from my collection but still a very nice ring. I have not ever seen any similar rings before. Probably a Norwegian made ring for Germans in 1940.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Same ring...just different lighting and angles. Look at the scratch between the N and the O. In the 1st photo, it is visible but subdued. In the 2nd photo, the light illuminates it more fully. The spots on the anchor are also there,but poorly illuminated in some of the photos. In any case, even if this ring was made of solid Gold, it would Never be worth 1900 Euros...that price is just ludicrous...
    oh yes, now
    better eyes than my old ones

but if the enamel in this area is as flat/thinn as this in a nearly unworn ring....that not the for this
    time usual norway workmanship
    a ring i wouldn`t take in Collection, no matter its price

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?
    P
    Many

The ring plate is attached to the ring band and the plate has a curved form. And it is technically much harder to make such enameled ring plates or at least to finish them correctly. Odal, are these the reasons You belive it is not an original one?

If this ring is a modern fake it is a very well made one. It is easy to make a casted ring, it is more harder to make the correct dies and to produce a die struck ring. But the hardest is to make die strucked enameled rings. I quess it is just not worth of money.

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    The ring plate is attached to the ring band and the plate has a curved form. And it is technically much harder to make such enameled ring plates or at least to finish them correctly. Odal, are these the reasons You belive it is not an original one?

If this ring is a modern fake it is a very well made one. It is easy to make a casted ring, it is more harder to make the correct dies and to produce a die struck ring. But the hardest is to make die strucked enameled rings. I quess it is just not worth of money.
    Yes, traditional a 2 piece ring with a soldered on plate.
    Rather much work, but no Problem for a professional.

Of course such work is still done today....ring prices rise and there is to earn
    a lot of Money.

Here for example a comparison between a rather rare period Kirkenes ring and
    a die for faking such rings. Notice the differences of the plate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original 1940 Norge Stavanger ring - Kriegsmarine?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2