Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Skull Ring

Article about: Hi, everybody - need more information about the Ring (silver plated bronze) - metal detector find together with Tankman Dog Tag and Tank Battle Order. Thank you

Default Original Skull Ring

Hi, everybody - need more information about the Ring (silver plated bronze) - metal detector find together with Tankman Dog Tag and Tank Battle Order.
    Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original  Skull Ring   Original  Skull Ring  

Original  Skull Ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original  Skull Ring
    P
    Many

Could very well be a TR period piece, most likely a Canteen Ring. These were widely available for purchase at soldiers canteens and soldiers of all ranks and even civilians could purchase them.

Regards,
    MG.
    Last edited by Migobeego; 05-13-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Thank you for you reply, it was tankman ring for sure - it came from his Dog Tug bag - but I think it was no special Panzer rings...
    How do you think does it have any collectors value and that is good place to offer the ring. Thank you

You mention that it was ground dug, and that it came from the soldier's dog tag bag. Would this mean it came from the soldier's grave? Not meaning to pry or accuse, just asking.

B.B.

Interesting piece. The skull looks like it was soldered on to the band separately. That’s very unusual for a Kantine ring. These were mass-produced and usually die-cast as a finished item. Has anyone seen a similar design before?
    While this may have belonged to a Panzermann, the motif is not that of the Panzer units. They used the so-called ‘Jawless Skull’ on their collar tabs, rings, etc.

Dear B.B.
    Bag was lost - it was Tank battle order inside, dog tug (complete) and ring (metal detector made it on few cm deep).
    Yours sinceerly
    Andrew

Quote by Andrew Miller View Post
    Dear B.B.
    Bag was lost - it was Tank battle order inside, dog tug (complete) and ring (metal detector made it on few cm deep).
    Yours sinceerly
    Andrew
    In that case, the owner would probably be very happy that you recovered it. Was this on the Eastern Front by any chance? It was quite common at war's end for German soldiers to discard their medals and tags to avoid mistreatment by the Soviets in the event of their capture.

B.B.

I believe its from Slovakia / soldier was part of 6th Panzer Division

?

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    Interesting piece. The skull looks like it was soldered on to the band separately. That’s very unusual for a Kantine ring. These were mass-produced and usually die-cast as a finished item. Has anyone seen a similar design before?
    While this may have belonged to a Panzermann, the motif is not that of the Panzer units. They used the so-called ‘Jawless Skull’ on their collar tabs, rings, etc.
    My friend, I have to disagree with you about this ring. There is an exact ring i my collection, also a ground found. My is partially damaged sadly. It is common design. Also there are some rings with the same skull but different ringbands. So IMO it is a nice original ring.

Quote by Viki View Post
    My friend, I have to disagree with you about this ring. There is an exact ring i my collection, also a ground found. My is partially damaged sadly. It is common design. Also there are some rings with the same skull but different ringbands. So IMO it is a nice original ring.
    I didn’t say that the ring is not an original. I simply questioned whether it belonged to a panzer guy. That is not the type of skull that was on Panzerkorp insignia. That’s all...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast