Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Panzer Skull Ring History Background

Article about: Hi Everybody, allow me to introduce myself: my name is Mark, born German, living in Iceland. I am brand new here and to this whole subject: just purchased my first Skull Ring -it's in the ma

Quote by Eismeerfront View Post
    silver marking at backside of skull,collar skull zink or aluminium........Some collectors liked glamour fakes for low prices.....
    So what do you think of my ring, Maxim?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Skull Ring History Background
    P
    Many

Why Panzer?
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Why Panzer?
    Ah OK, I see. Only because of the history that comes with it. You don't believe this one is cast, do you? I'd be very surprised (unpleasantly), but of course I'm just the newb here, no idea, really... :-o

Better photos needed for sure Mark, I hope you are good with your iPhone!

Maxim, your ring is nice for sure, very interesting and no doubt rare.

Mark's ring-100 original,but no Panzer
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Better photos needed for sure Mark, I hope you are good with your iPhone!

Maxim, your ring is nice for sure, very interesting and no doubt rare.
    I'll do my best Glenn! :-) iPhone 5 is known to have a superb camera, so it should be ok...
    On closer inspection of the above photos, it looks a lot like the skull has been bent to the right, or the observers' left. That might also explain the deformation of the tooth line...

- - ------- - -

Mark's ring-100 original,but no Panzer
    Awesome, Maxim! Thanks!!

?

Thumbs down

I do not claim to be a ring expert altho I have several.
    That said I do Not believe that this is anything more than a cheap "jewelry" ring of unknown origin. Nothing to do with either SS or Panzer and very possibly Not German!
    I have never seen an original ring that does not have a complete band. This one looks like a kids ring made to squeeze together to fit a finger AND the skull is horrible!
    Sarge

We are all from WWF
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Quote by Sarge View Post
    That said I do Not believe that this is anything more than a cheap "jewelry" ring of unknown origin. Nothing to do with either SS or Panzer and very possibly Not German!
    I have never seen an original ring that does not have a complete band. This one looks like a kids ring made to squeeze together to fit a finger AND the skull is horrible!
    Sarge
    Hmmm well thank you for the compliment sarge... beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I like my ring, thank you very much.
    There are experts here who have verified this ring already..
    What is your quarrel wit it, only the band? Would you doubt that it's contemporary, ie from the WWII period?

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Sarge
    FIY it seems the skull was bent, which also explains the uneven teeth line. Sergey says this ring was opened after manufacture, which was often done to make it fit to smaller -or i this case bigger- size. Mine was evidently filed down after the fact to make it look better. Well, detailed close ups will reveal all!! :-)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast