Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Political Party Ring

Article about: Hi everyone new to the forum, was wondering what you could tell me about this ring. Pictures aren't the greatest sorry.

?

Default Political Party Ring

Hi everyone new to the forum, was wondering what you could tell me about this ring. Pictures aren't the greatest sorry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Party Ring
    P
    Many

I believe this to be an early 1930s-produced ring...Honest wear and age, small chip in the enamel, one of the nicer ones we've seen here in awhile...
    cheers, Glenn

I agree with what Glenn above has said - it does
    look good.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 12-08-2014 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Additional text.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I had a tough time finding any other one, not to sure what to look under when researching the web. Could anyone give a honest opinion on price range on what I should ask for this ring? Also do these rings have a certain name they go by on the market?

"Deutschland Erwache ring"....price range, about $2-300 tops. With the damaged enamel, more to the $200 range than the 3.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

If i remember right this pattern was sold years ago on this website:

Enter Germania International

Well known for fakes and fantasy.

I would have expected to see a little more detail in the font of the writing, this example looks somewhat 'hokie'. Personally i would like to see some period advertisement or catalogue page for this type of ring before shelling out any $. The silver content stamp is unfamiliar also, and we see ALOT of rings here on the forum.

Any thoughts on the 835 stamp, gentlemen?

1930-40's era European silver can be 800,835,850 or even higher on some pieces, but most canteen style rings are in the low to mid 800's range. Germania was and still is notorious for their fake rings. I don't recall seeing this particular style before, but who knows-I do not regularly troll their listings. The example posted looks to be of decent weight and if the silver content is to be believed, should be correct, but, of course, it could always just be another well aged fake, but in this case, I think this one looks okey to me. I don't particularly like the Lettering on it-especially the odd "Backward 7" shaped "C"s, but, again, that could be simply a style font difference.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes, I am aware of the silver content mark often being 835 on period silver rings. What I was referring to was the style of the 835 mark. To my eyes the font appears modern.

?

Sorry to say it again - this ring is for me complete "trash"-
    Look at a part of a lot faults:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Political Party Ring  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast