Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Prototype/Non official SD/SS Ring...

Article about: Hello everyone, Here is a non official SD/SS ring,Picture's&Plans were found in Heydrich's belonging's when found dead&taken by SD member's to be given to K.Hermann Frank,Photo of ri

Default Prototype/Non official SD/SS Ring...

Hello everyone,
    Here is a non official SD/SS ring,Picture's&Plans were found in Heydrich's belonging's when found dead&taken by SD member's to be given to K.Hermann Frank,Photo of ring was in his porfollio...Only a few were made as told by original jewler's son.Designed for SD section of SS...Prototype/Non official SD/SS Ring...Prototype/Non official SD/SS Ring...Prototype/Non official SD/SS Ring...Prototype/Non official SD/SS Ring...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prototype/Non official SD/SS Ring...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Prototype/Non official SD/SS Ring...

Amongst SS-Obergruppenfuhrer Karl Hermann Franks's effects found at the Headquarters of the Prague Gestapo, at Petschek Palace (shown below) was said to be an example of this prototype ring. The story goes that a few were produced by a jeweller, and that they are not of good quality, actually being quite crude. Some believed it to be a fantasy item, but from time to time, they appear on dealer's sites. As there is no definitive example, one would worry about the ease in which they can be produced, and proclaimed as another prototype.
    Derwood58, please don't think that I am suggesting that your piece shown above is a fake or fantasy item, I just merely state that I would personally be wary of anything without the usual "known" format.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prototype/Non official SD/SS Ring...  
    Last edited by CARL; 03-10-2012 at 03:13 AM.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news,but...This particular ring was made and sold by the infamous Roger Steele of Hollywood Military Hobbies back in the 1970's-in huge quantities. The cards...typed out on German war era SS key typewriters,by the way...that he would send out advertising them(and his other fake stuff like black SS uniforms and Hitlers personal hat,etc)-usually came with an attractive photo on them-would describe them as being "dug from graves in Holland", which was, of course, total rubbish. I met and knew Roger back in the day, and he Always had these identical rings available-as many as you wanted. Some were beautifully polished and some were coated with "patina" and dirt. It depended on what the buyer/sucker was looking for and expecting. This particular posted ring looks to be one of the dirt covered ones. I remember, they always had the distinctive yellowish soil on them.(And, if you think about it, if it was taken from Heydrich in his hospital bed, or even found in Karl Frank's effects, why would it have dirt on it? There may quite well have been an actual prototype ring in existence, but this,unfortunately, is certainly not it) It's been 40 years or more now since Roger started pumping out his junk, and it's Still out there fooling people even today...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news,but...This particular ring was made and sold by the infamous Roger Steele of Hollywood Military Hobbies back in the 1970's-in huge quantities. The cards...typed out on German war era SS key typewriters,by the way...that he would send out advertising them(and his other fake stuff like black SS uniforms and Hitlers personal hat,etc)-usually came with an attractive photo on them-would describe them as being "dug from graves in Holland", which was, of course, total rubbish. I met and knew Roger back in the day, and he Always had these identical rings available-as many as you wanted. Some were beautifully polished and some were coated with "patina" and dirt. It depended on what the buyer/sucker was looking for and expecting. This particular posted ring looks to be one of the dirt covered ones. I remember, they always had the distinctive yellowish soil on them.(And, if you think about it, if it was taken from Heydrich in his hospital bed, or even found in Karl Frank's effects, why would it have dirt on it? There may quite well have been an actual prototype ring in existence, but this,unfortunately, is certainly not it) It's been 40 years or more now since Roger started pumping out his junk, and it's Still out there fooling people even today...
    'Roger that' out.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I've just found one very similar to this piece, available on a rather well known dealer's site for a few hundred dollars, not a good sign for something so rare...

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Good info William !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

No one ever said that this ring belong to,was in the possesion of,etc.of frank nor heydrich..Only that designs&plans for this ring was found...This ring was left to me by my uncle(battle of buldge vet,among others)before i even knew what a war was...i got it out of a bank box when i was 18(1976)where it had been sitting since 1963 along w/other ring's,badge's,medal's,etc.
    If this"yellow dirt"? that was spoke of was part of this ring,it could easily be cleaned...point is it's not one from the 70's...I hope it feel's good to point out others mistakes,mis-doing's,etc. weither true or not ! I'm wasting my time here...

We've all 'been there' at one time or another...

Good info on these bogus rings, William !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I don't think anyone is trying to offend.....maybe if you had mentioned how long it has been in your possession, then it may have been looked at in a different light.....

I noticed your signature, yet your having a go at good hearted peope trying to give you their opinion based on the into provided