Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Is it real, Iron Cross ring

Article about: Take a look, i want to get initial impressions. looks like battlefield excavated

Hang in there new friend. We all have at some point in our careers of this hobby bumped our heads on a fake. So I think we all know it is a bummer and hurts. I think the rule of thumb on forums is you ask for opinions if something is fake or not. You choose to accept the free counsel of what the group is thinking or you lean on your own understanding and knowledge. If in travels you find provenance or proof of the contrary it is a bonus for all if we are wrong.

The intent & goals here are to inform, educate, research, help, protect & glean data we can't always gain alone. We are not a critical bunch as I have seen elsewhere. I respect people here and I have only been on 7 weeks but a collector for 30 years. We can all still learn and that includes me. Where can we go in the world today for peanuts or free to have support like this?

My Grandfather always said. "Iron sharpens Iron....Honing is a noisy process but in the end the blade is true, sharp and strong"
    "WWII Militaria collecting has no cure and the only medicine is to collect more" - My Opa

Collection Website:
    Collection Video:
    Facebook Page:
    Google Page:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote by Rossi View Post
    We all have at some point in our careers of this hobby bumped our heads on a fake.
    Or two, or three for some of us.

This is the right place to be though, to prevent that in the future.

You can't prevent those kind souls who try to buy you things like this that no doubt appeal to you but may not be anything they know about. But, perhaps they could return this ring and you could work with them to find a period piece you like?
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

Indeed, and that statement was said because you
    seem to be hanging onto the prospect of this
    being a real and genuine piece. The guys
    are trying to be gentle.........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123